1. intouch intouch
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 5 January 2018 08:12 AM UTC

i build and application with powerbuilder 2017 

at once i got not responding and i opened it again i i found that all code was deleted and all functions deleted oh my god !!!

Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 6 January 2018 03:18 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Try doing an Optimize on the library. If the code is there, it will prompt you to save it to a text file. Then you can import it back in.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 5 January 2018 14:27 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi ;

I have been using PB since version 0.8 Alpha in 1989 and have never had this happen. I have also been using PB 2017 for almost a year now ( since its early internal Beta ), compile code daily and have never had this happen with PB 2017. It seems to me that there might  be other factors at work here like: Hardware issues, Anti-virus, Malware, etc. I run PB on pure MS-Windows 10 installs on real PC's with AMD processors.

Another big issue (and no, no) is to make sure that all your App's resources - mainly PBL's - are located on the same PC as the PB install. Accessing PBL's across a network when you get a failure has been known to corrupt libraries. Other aspects to consider are running the PB IDE on another machine via RDT or running PB IDE on Citrix instead of a pure MS-Window installation and/or VM.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Matthew Balent
  2. Friday, 5 January 2018 18:37 PM UTC
...and use a source control tool.

1. Helpful
René Ullrich Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 5 January 2018 08:39 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

If a build fails some object of the project may be in a inconsistent state. In this case sometimes the painter does not show the code.

try this: Open an object with "Edit source". If your code available there than all is ok? Do a full rebuild of your project. After that you should see the code in the painter. 

Comment
  1. intouch intouch
  2. Friday, 5 January 2018 09:27 AM UTC
i cant find it in edit source

1. Helpful
  1. Sivaprakash BKR
  2. Friday, 5 January 2018 10:45 AM UTC
This happened to me in PB 10.5 a couple of times.   No way I could retrieve the code.  All VANISHED.   From then onwards, I used to take a backup of PBLs that's to be compiled.  It saved me a good time.

1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.