1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 15 April 2020 15:27 PM UTC

(edited) (edited again)

Meanwhile in Didcot, UK ....

Trying to test this great new feature of being able to call a .Net Dll the "easy way" with 2019 R2. It works great !!!

But hey ... What happened to my windows no longer saving their resized sizes ? 
Fixed by editing n_cst_winsrv_preference and saving it with no real change and now it works again (I know ...)

What happened with the SaveDocument to RTF / HTML of a rich text edit which contains pasted images?
Why am I now - using the "old" re-introduced txt control - no longer getting the same format when saving as SaveDocument( html or rtf) ? ......
Before I was able to paste an image copied from Paint.exe and it would be exported. I only know that the routine in .Net which exported every pasted image in every possible format to a temporary file, now starts to omit exported images to an temp_image folder in .wmf formart, but not forming part of the html.
I confused the results of exporting to html of the RTE, with the results of my own .Net control, which does a better job handling images. Images pasted from Paint.exe, never have been exported to html.

Images pasted from the "snipping tool" work very well.
Getting the opposite results now: Paint.exe works, snipping tool fails? I'll have to make a test app and maybe report this as a bug.

I abandoned that control as I had new hopes for the RTE when the old version was re-introduced. Now, I guess I'll go back to my .Net control (not finished) but only after I have look into one of these editors: https://info.webtoolhub.com/kb-a49-12-free-online-rich-text-editors-rte.aspx

What happened to the paste by keyboard on that? Didn't work in 12.6, 2017 either.

Really I don't have the energy right now to re-test all of this. It only took me months to get to this point, so I don't see us migrating to 2019 R2 very soon.
More positive now, as all of these problems were NOT due to migration to 2019 R2, sorry to cause any panic, it was not my day.

regards

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 16 April 2020 17:59 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Miguel;

This is now a known issue when using either the Appeon workarounds.pbl Resize service feature or when using the PFC resize service feature with PB 2019R2. A fix has been developed for this issue and will be available generally, very soon.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Thursday, 16 April 2020 18:02 PM UTC
Oh thank God, yes, it seems to work "sometimes" and sometimes not :s
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 16 April 2020 19:07 PM UTC
Yes, very "hit and miss". It seems also depend on when & how you instantiate the Resize Service (from what I have seen). So that could account for the sometimes it work, sometimes it does not per App.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
mike S Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 15 April 2020 17:13 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

fwiw, i'm not seeing any issues with my windows and resizing and auto restore of the window locations.

However, my app may not be as dependent on event order for the resize.  I register window object locations well prior to the window being resized, and move/resize the window after that

Comment
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Wednesday, 15 April 2020 19:33 PM UTC
Hi Mike,

That's comforting, I still have to get to the bottom of "my problem", but there's definitely something very different going on.
  1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Wednesday, 15 April 2020 22:31 PM UTC
Okay good news: while trying to track down what goes wrong with the resize, I noticed that in "Debug" mode everything goes well. So ... I decided to put in some messageboxes to see if functions were being called ( one of them, being called from n_cst_winsrv_preference.of_restore() wasn't called). So I also put in a messagebox in "n_cst_winsrv_preference.of_restore()" and suddenly everything works. I take out the messageboxes and everything is working again.

Now I did migrate to a newer version of PFC's, maintaining my PFE's, so maybe something weird has been going on here which has not been fixed until I saved the PFE object.
  1. Helpful
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 15 April 2020 15:53 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

this is just an initial warning, so let me mark it as answered. when I have the energy I'll be going by steps, but someone already mentioned resize events having changed in order of execution, so maybe I should start with trying to figure out why my window sizes and positions are no longer being saved correclty.

regards

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.