1. Darin Hart
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 27 September 2019 20:54 PM UTC

I have an application running on PowerBuilder 2019 deployed in a Citrix environment that I really need to get automated testing built for. Anyone have knowledge on tools outside Zeenyx AscentialTest that work with PowerBuilder 2019 or positive results with Zeenyx AscentialTest? I reviewed previous threads which seem to be at least 1 to 2 years old and mixed results with other tools outside Zeenyx AscentialTest.

Greatly appreciate any insight or feedback the user community has to offer. We have an organizational goal to implement and improve productivity and struggling to identify the right tool.

Brian Le Suer Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 23 April 2020 13:47 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hello Daren,

We have several customers using AscentialTest in a Citrix environment.

I noticed in Armene's comment that you can now create REST services in PB 2019. Starting with AscentialTest 9.5.1, you can call those REST services from within AscentialTest.

Regards,

Brian

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 27 September 2019 23:16 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Darin,

For the client-side (PowerScript) of your application, AscentialTest seems to be the most popular solution because it is customized for PB.  Compared to MicroFocus UFT and the likes, one of the feedbacks I frequently receive from customers is that AscentialTest is able to more fully test inside DataWindows.

Starting with PowerBuilder 2019, you can now create REST Web services and C# projects.  These projects are standard C# so any C# compatible testing tool will work, but we have integrated the free and open-source xUnit into the C# IDE provided with PowerBuilder 2019. 

We also recommend if you create REST Web services to add the free and open-source Swagger to your project so documentation of your APIs is automatically created.  

Regards,
Armeen

Comment
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 27 September 2019 21:04 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Darin;

Brian Le Seur from Zeenyx will be at the Elevate2019 conference. He will be doing detailed presentations on AscentialTest and it's new version that was just released in September 2019 that supports 64bit EXEs.

No idea about the Citrix aspect but, I will ask Brian this weekend for you.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Sunday, 29 September 2019 23:05 PM UTC
Hi Daren!

Brian replied to me ... "Yes it does. We have several customers that use it in Citrix".

HTH

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.