1. Gbenga Owolabi
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Sunday, 14 August 2022 23:14 PM UTC

Hi All,

I have issues installingĀ Appeon Powerbuilder 2021 Standard Runtime Setup Error on windows 11.

The same installation works perfectly on windows 10.

I have copied theĀ atl100.dll,msvcp100.dll,msvcr100.dll to the destination folder and still does not work.

Please see the following screenshot.

Who is viewing this page
Mark Lee @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 10 October 2022 09:28 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Gbenga,

Ā 

I can reproduce this issue on my machine.

Please confirm if the atl100.dll, msvcp100.dll, and msvcr100.dll that you copied are all of 32-bit, not 64-bit.

After copying these DLLs to the destination folder (e.g.: C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Common\PowerBuilder\Runtime 21.0.0.1509), you can click the Retry button to complete the installation.

Ā 

Other suggestions:

You can try to resolve this issue with the following link:

https://www.appeon.com/developers/get-help/knowledgebase/pbjvm190dll-failed-register.html

Ā 

Or use PowerBuilder Installer to install PB runtime. Here is the installation guide:

https://docs.appeon.com/pb2019r3/application_techniques/ch09s02.html#Installing_PowerBuilder_Runtime

Ā 

Regards,

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Michael Gilders Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Sunday, 9 October 2022 01:55 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

is there a security risk in coping msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll to windows 11?Ā  Are there equivalent files in windows 11? Can you copy these files from windows 10 and paste them in you runtime directory in window 11 and provide that to a client without any risks?

Ā 

Ā 

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Sunday, 9 October 2022 02:08 AM UTC
Hi Michael;

FWIW: PB2022 is the first PB version certified for W11. If you check the PB2022 runtime deployment documentation, you'll see that there is no more msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll DLL's in this release.

https://docs.appeon.com/pb2022/application_techniques/PowerBuilder_runtime_files.html#d0e23891

HTH

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful 1
Gbenga Owolabi Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 15 August 2022 08:00 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

HiĀ Chris,Ā 

Thank you for the quick response. I used the runtime packager to build the files together. Am I missing out something?

The help also talked about the same procedure that the referenced dll files are included in the package.

Let me give it another try. I will drop feedback here.

Regards Gbenga

Comment
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 15 August 2022 01:04 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Hi Gbenga;

Ā  Ā Your missing at least one key PB runtime DLL (PBJVM.dll). You can get a complete list of the required runtime DLLs from the PB help. Just do a keyword search on "runtime".Ā  HTH

Regards ... ChrisĀ 

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.