1. Prasad Neelapala
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 15 October 2024 16:50 PM UTC
Appeon Corporation Appeon Powerbuilder 21.0.0.1288 (Product ID: 66329)(Version ID:515345)
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 15 October 2024 18:37 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

What is your question?  If you don't put any effort in trying to get help nobody is going to put effort to try to help you!

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 15 October 2024 19:23 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Prassad;

I am not sure what you are asking here but FYI for build 1288 ...

• End of Maintenance:  2023.09.04
  • End of Life:  2024.09.04

Thus, this version is totally deprecated.

Regards .. Chris

Comment
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 15 October 2024 21:11 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

The action needed is for you to ask a question.

Comment
Prasad Neelapala Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 16 October 2024 07:39 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Hi Team,

The question here is we are using  Appeon Corporation Appeon Powerbuilder 21.0.0.1288  for our application. And recently we have received EOVS notification for this version. 

The question is inorder to upgrade to next available version what is the latest version available other than 21.0.0.1288 ?

I have checked our marketplace and there are two latest versions available in our marketplace as in the attached but they are restricted .

So if the current version is EOVS and the latest version version is restricted for installation. How do we upgrade to latest version? 

Please let me know if further information is required.

Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. David Peace (Powersoft)
  2. Wednesday, 16 October 2024 08:31 AM UTC
Hi

I do not know anything about marketplace.citigroup.net portal, typically you would be licensed through the Appeon.com portal and would receive notifications of new releases that you can download from them. If you have bought the software through an agent you will need to go back to them for license and version support.

Hope that helps

Regards

David
  1. Helpful 1
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Wednesday, 16 October 2024 09:52 AM UTC
Why would you buy an Appeon license from marketplace? Like David said, go to appeon.com
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 16 October 2024 14:18 PM UTC
Hi Guys, Reading between the lines I think Prasad works for Citibank and Citibank IT department controls what software versions their developers are allowed to use through their own distribution portal. Of course Citibank purchased PB either directly from us or an authorized reseller.
  1. Helpful
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 16 October 2024 14:17 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 5

Hi Prasad,

I don't understand what EOVS means and the versions available to you seemed to be controlled by your company.

You asked what is the latest version.  You can find the latest version as well as end of life/support dates in the product availability matrix: https://www.appeon.com/update

I see in your screenshot that your company is making old versions of PB available to you.  I would contact your manager or appropriate department and escalate to them that Appeon DOES NOT RECOMMEND using these versions.  The reason is two folds: 1) they are not as stable as PB 2022 R3, and 2) they are either already end of life or will soon be end of life.

So long story short, the version of PB that your organization should prepare to upgrade to is PB 2022 R3 build 3391.

Best regards,
Armeen

Comment
  1. John Fauss
  2. Wednesday, 16 October 2024 14:56 PM UTC
@Armeen - I believe "EOVS" means "End Of Vendor Support", which I know is NOT an acronym that Appeon uses, hence the confusion.
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 16 October 2024 15:10 PM UTC
Thanks John for spelling it out. I'm not used to this acronym but will try to remember for future posts.
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.