1. Connie Dove
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 20 September 2024 14:56 PM UTC

I have an application that is running great using PB 2022 Runtime 1892.  I just upgraded it to use PB 2022R3 Runtime 3391.  And not when it tried to connect to another database, it throws an error.   Application runs fine in development on my PC.  But when I move it to the server where the runtime files have been deployed I get this error.

Unable to connect to the webuser_db
SQLDBCode = 999
SQLErrText  = DBMS NONE is not supported in your current installation.

I am using MS SQL Server 2017, with ODBC connections.

My connection string looks like this:

I have the settings in an INI file that the application pulls from

DBMS=ODBC
ServerName=Server1

WU_Database=webuser_db
WU_DBParm="ConnectString='DSN=webuserqa2017',OJSyntax='ANSI',CallEscape='No',DisableBind=1,AppName='FMMS REPORTS'"

In the code it does this

if NOT fileExists (gs_inifile) then
Messagebox ('', 'Incorrect ini file - ' + gs_inifile + '~r~nContact IS.')
halt
end if

to_webuser_db = CREATE transaction
to_webuser_db.DBMS = ProfileString (gs_inifile, gs_section, "DBMS", "NONE")
to_webuser_db.database = ProfileString (gs_inifile, gs_section, "WU_Database", "NONE")
to_webuser_db.servername = ProfileString (gs_inifile, gs_section, "ServerName", "NONE")
to_webuser_db.dbparm = ProfileString (gs_inifile, gs_section, "WU_DBParm", "NONE")

li_pos = pos (to_webuser_db.dbparm, 'DSN=')
// The login name & password are part of the DSN statement DSN='db;UID=name;PWD=pass',
to_webuser_db.dbparm = left(to_webuser_db.dbparm, li_pos - 1) + "UID=" + SQLCA.userid + ";PWD=" + SQLCA.LogPass + ";" + &
mid(to_webuser_db.dbparm, li_pos, len(to_webuser_db.dbparm))
to_webuser_db.Autocommit = TRUE
to_webuser_db.LogID = SQLCA.LogID
to_webuser_db.LogPass = SQLCA.LogPass

CONNECT using to_webuser_db;

return to_webuser_db.SQLCode

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 20 September 2024 15:14 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Connie;

This is typically a DB Client or a PB App DB configuration issue. Did you ...

1. Deploy the new PB 3391 runtime via the PB Packager utility?
  2. Did you deploy the <AppName>.XML file from the compilation to the PB App EXE's deployment folder?
  3. Did you edit the <AppName>.XML file to make sure it points to where the PB runtime is actually installed on the deployment machine?
  4. Did you make sure that no old PB runtime files were in the deployed PB App EXE's folder or O/S path?
  5. Did you forget to deploy the PB DB ODBC driver?
  6. Did you make sure that the ODBC DSN on the deployment machine works?

Food for thought.   HTH

Regards .. Chris

Comment
  1. Connie Dove
  2. Friday, 20 September 2024 15:35 PM UTC
Hey Chris,

Thanks for answering.

1) No, I copied all the files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Common\PowerBuilder\Runtime 22.2.0.3391 folder on my development PC to the server that the applications run on.

2) No, I did not deploy the .XML file. I didn't realize that was now needed and have never used it before

3) No

4) Yes, I deleted everything from the server folder before I started copying the runtime files

5) There are PBODB.dll and PBODB.ini files that was deployed

6) Yes, I verfied I can connect to the database via ODBC on he server.

1. Helpful
  1. Connie Dove
  2. Friday, 20 September 2024 15:36 PM UTC
All files runtime and application EXE and PBD files are located in the same folder on the server. Users use a shortcut on their desktop to run the application from the server.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Friday, 20 September 2024 15:53 PM UTC
Hi Connie;

Since you copied all the PB runtime files to the PB App's folder, then you do not need that XML file.

I think that the next step is to verify that the App;s SQLCA settings are a) exactly what the INI values are and b) the DSN on the "server" does connect OK.

Regards .. Chris
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.