1. Luiz Marques
  2. PowerServer
  3. Saturday, 4 November 2023 12:48 PM UTC

Good Morning,

Last week I have done a presentation for a client regarding a powerbuiler application to powerserver 2022. It was working fine, but once I have upgraded to the PB build 2828 I'm getting the error below. I have followed the link Upgrade Notes - - Release Bulletin for PowerBuilder (appeon.com), checked the Compatibilities - - Release Bulletin for PowerBuilder (appeon.com), when I opened the SnapDevelop 2022 I could see that the PowerServer.Core and PowerServer.API are with the correct version (2.11). The powerbuilder runtime version is 2828 as below

the PowerServer.Core and PowerServer.API are with the correct version (2.11) as below

But when I run the application and getting the error below:

I tried to double check the manifest.json as well as below and looks OK to me (22.1.0.2828). Am I missing something ? I need to make this work as the client gave the OK to move on with the test and migration. 

Someone have faced the same issue ? If yes, can you please advice what should I do.... I'm running out of options and a bit concerned, as I don't want to switch back to 2819 version....

Accepted Answer
Logan Liu @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 6 November 2023 07:43 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # Permalink

Hi Luiz,

Please verify the runtime value in the apprun.json file (Client app - - PowerServer 2022 R2 Help (appeon.com)).

If your 1.02 version application uses runtime 2828, but the runtime value in apprun.json is 2819, you will see this error.

E.g.: after deploying the app 1.02 version using runtime 2828, if you redeploy the app 1.01 version application using runtime 2819, the apprun.json on the server may be overridden and lead to this issue.

There are a few solutions:

a) Edit apprun.json manually to change the runtime value to 2828. Or redeploy the app 1.02 version and override the apprun.json on your Web Server.

b) If you want different app versions to keep using their own runtime versions/Web API URLs, the apprun.json file is not necessary.

You can uncheck the apprun.json option in the PowerServer project -> Deploy Tab, then remove the existing apprun.json file from your Web Server.

c) Only remove a specific key value (e.g.: runtime) from the apprun.json file on your Web Server. 

Regards, Logan

Comment
  1. Luiz Marques
  2. Monday, 6 November 2023 08:52 AM UTC
Good morning Logan,

It worked. That was the issue...
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Luiz Marques Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Sunday, 5 November 2023 21:33 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

Hi Mike, I haven't sent this screenshot,  but during the weekend I have uninstalled the whole PB IDE / Powerserver and reinstalled again. Cleaned the appeon folder, etc and installed only the latest (2828) build. 

I'm using the PowerServer trial that is about to expire soon, I don't want to have the client buying the license before getting it working..... Tomorrow I'm going to have a conversation with my boss and tell him what's going on and if we're going to move on with this......... Maybe in the client is going to work, as there's nothing installed in there, I'm guessing that this is some old files on my machine, I really don't know...... I'm running out of options at the moment.... 

I noticed that in the C:\Users\LM1\AppData\Roaming\PBApps\Applications there's only one folder, the runtime, the application is not being downloaded as I'm getting the issue before that..... In the previous version there was a folder for the PB cloud application as well......

Comment
mike S Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Sunday, 5 November 2023 20:49 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 2

the project setup is where you specify the runtime.  you need to go search for it under the advanced tab of the application 

Comment
  1. Sunday, 5 November 2023 18:54 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 3

Hello Mike,

Yes, I have done the full build and re-deploy.

"what runtime do you have selected in the powerserver project setup? you showed the PB IDE runtime version, but not the powerserver one"

Is that below what you meant? If not, where I choose the powerversion build ? 

Comment
  1. Saturday, 4 November 2023 18:21 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 4

Hi @Chris Pollach,

I have done that and yet no success. Thank you for the quickly reply...       

Comment
  1. mike S
  2. Sunday, 5 November 2023 15:13 PM UTC
did you redeploy the launcher too? (upload launcher)

did you do a full build and deploy?
  1. Helpful
  1. mike S
  2. Sunday, 5 November 2023 16:27 PM UTC
also, what runtime do you have selected in the powerserver project setup? you showed the PB IDE runtime version, but not the powerserver one
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 4 November 2023 17:23 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 5

Hi Luiz;

Whenever I upgrade PB & PS, I do the following...

1. Delete the C# repository (as defined in your PS project's "build" folder)
  2. Delete the entire app as deployed either in Kestrel or IIS Web server.
  3. Delete the downloaded PS App in your "App/Roaming" folder.
  4. Build & deploy your PS App project(s) again

HTH

Regards... Chris 

Comment
  1. mike S
  2. Sunday, 5 November 2023 15:10 PM UTC
OMG

thats overkill and if it isn't, then it is a sign that PS isn't working well. no production cloud app should force you to delete it.

1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Sunday, 5 November 2023 15:38 PM UTC
I'm talking about the "development" environment - which I assume that Luiz is talking about issue wise. ;-)

I always like restarting with a clean slate. Never had any issues with this upgrade process in 2021, 2022 or 2022 R2.
  1. Helpful 1
  1. mike S
  2. Sunday, 5 November 2023 16:29 PM UTC
"Delete the C# repository"

that works fine as long as you didn't change any of the c# code for things like setting up the JWT or other auth options.

I hope testing this stuff includes doing things that we (non-appeon staff) would be doing.
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.