1. Vinay Batra
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 9 September 2019 19:28 PM UTC

Hi All

We are in the process of migrating our application from PowerBuilder 11.5 to PowerBuilder 2017 64 bit. We have an OLE ActiveX Control on a window using "Adobe Acrobat DC Browser Control Implementation" Ole Object. Inprocserver32= …\Adobe\Acrobat\Activex\AcroPdfIncl.Dll

The PDF file is loaded with command LoadFile("FileName")

Loadfile command is crashing in 64 bit version. Is there some way to insert a 64 bit Adobe OLE on a window so that a PDF file can be previewed within PowerBuilder application or some other workaround to achieve the similar functionality?

Regards

Vinay

Accepted Answer
Vinay Batra Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 11 September 2019 09:19 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hi

I solved the problem by replacing the Adobe OLE Control with Microsoft Web Browser Ole Control.

Thanks

Vinay

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 9 September 2019 19:45 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Vinay;

From the PB2017Rx help  ... "You can use OLE and ActiveX components in your applications, but you must use the 32-bit versions in the PowerBuilder Classic IDE. At runtime you must have the correct 64-bit ActveX components installed".

I am not sure though if visual controls are supported. I believe that the PB Help is referring to non-visual OLE objects. Its not clear in the help but, I see to remember that there is a restriction on 64bit embedded controls.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.