1. Mark Winsor
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 20 December 2022 14:07 PM UTC

When I run from the IDE the graphs look beautiful but when I run in the EXE they are not rendered properly. I assume it is a runtime DLL but I see nothing in the runtime packager regarding this.

Mark Winsor Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 20 December 2022 23:43 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Here is a comparison of two machines using dxdiag. The first image is the machine that has the IDE and the graph renders beautifully.

The second is dxdiag from the machine that doesn't render it well at all. What am I missing?

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 21 December 2022 18:10 PM UTC
Hi Mark;

Suggestion: Have you tried uninstalling the DirectX software on the deployed PB App machine? Then running the PB App EXE next as it should then reinstall DirectX for you when you try to display the 3D graph. Food for thought.

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
  1. Mark Winsor
  2. Wednesday, 21 December 2022 18:41 PM UTC
I hesitate to do that as directX is installed by default with windows 10, isn't it? Let me dig up a windows 10 machine that I don't care about and see ifI can do that.

1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 21 December 2022 18:47 PM UTC
FWIW: Not one either of my new W10 or W11 22H2 installations.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 20 December 2022 20:34 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Mark;

On the deployment machine where the EXE resides, you will also need to install the Microsoft DirectX software to allow the 3d rendering. Normally, the PB App will prompt the App user to install this if it's missing. However, the App user will require "Local Admin" privileges in order to accomplish that. Of course, you can always preinstall DirectX for the App users.

Tip: Check the PB Help around the keyword "DirectX".

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Roland Smith
  2. Tuesday, 20 December 2022 21:21 PM UTC
What is the minimum version of DirectX required? My work laptop is Dell Windows 10 and has DirectX 12. You can run 'dxdiag' to see what you have.
  1. Helpful 1
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.