1. sachidhanantham ramalingam
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 27 April 2022 06:39 AM UTC

Hi,

Our application is in PB2017 R3, we are using 2D Barcode scanner (Model: DS2208) to scan the barcode and display the scanner output on Datawindow – Edit (Style Type) column,

To get the barcode scanner data, Placing the cursor on Datawindow column then start scanning the barcode using scanner then scanner output data is displayed on Datawindow column but we are unable to see the group separator (i.e. ascii value 29) in data displayed on datawindow column,

Sometimes group separator value shown as 0029 also data has displayed mixed of lower case and upper case.

So, there are three issues we have noted,
1. Missing Group Separator (i.e., ascii value 29) in data displayed on datawindow column
2. Sometimes Group Separator value shown as 0029
3. Data has displayed mixed of lower case and upper case

Could you please provide your suggestion to resolve issues?

Thanks,
--Sachi…

Tomas Beran Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 27 April 2022 15:12 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi

ZEBRA - DS2208 has an OPOS driver. I think you should use it because OPOS is an enterprise standard instead of a keyboard emulation with many of these strange behavior (especially in international environment it's completely useless).

OPOS is a COM+ based solution so it can be easily implemented into any PB desktop app project.

Comment
  2. Thursday, 28 April 2022 07:45 AM UTC
Hi,

Thanks for your response,

Could you please guild us for how to download, install and configure the OPOS driver to resolve our issues.

Thanks,

--Sachi...
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Andreas Mykonios Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 27 April 2022 12:18 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

In manual it is mentioned:

Advanced Data Formatting (ADF) Advanced Data Formatting (ADF) is a means of customizing data from before transmission to the host device. Use ADF to edit scan data to suit your host's requirements. With ADF you scan one barcode per trigger pull. ADF is programmed using 123Scan. To watch a video on Creating an Advanced Data Formatting (ADF) Rule using 123Scan, go to: http://www.zebra.com/ScannerHowToVideos For information and programming bar codes for ADF, refer to the Advanced Data Formatting Programmer Guide.

So I guess you will have to check the procedure using 123Scan application.

Andreas.

Comment
  2. Thursday, 28 April 2022 07:43 AM UTC
Hi,

We have installed 123Scan Utility but unable to locate the option for changing the Group Separator value, lower and upper case settings.

Thanks,

--Sachi...

1. Helpful
sachidhanantham ramalingam Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 27 April 2022 12:01 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi,

We are using ZEBRA - DS2208 scanner, do have any clue that the same option (what "honeywell voyager 1400g" has) available in this ZEBRA scanner.

Since i couldn't get any clue from ZEBRA scanner manual.

Thanks,
--Sachi

Comment
André Monz Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 27 April 2022 11:31 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Hi,

we had a the same problem with our application.
Some characters are suppressed in the datawindow input, so we can't catch the GS (ASCII 029).
We decided to use only Barcode Scanner (e.g honeywell voyager 1400g ) which can be programmed to use a replacement funtion at scanning time.

Edit:  We have a config for DS2208 Scanners too.

Attachments (1)
Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.