1. Clarence Chamorro
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 9 November 2017 17:06 PM UTC

I downloaded the upgrade For Apeon PB2017 no problem. I run the setup and I get this error "Cannot find the product.ini file." and the Setup program stops. 

I purchased PB2017 last year and working with it since June 30,2017. It has being working perfect.

What is it that I am doing wrong? 

Regards,

Clarence A Chamorro.

Govinda Lopez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 9 November 2017 19:57 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Clarence,

In some cases also windows blocks some .zip or .rar files. If this is the case you would need to right click on the .zip file, then select properties. In the properties window, click on the "unlock" button.

Please let us know if this works.

Regards,

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 9 November 2017 17:53 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Clarence;

I have applied the MR to 3 instances of PB 2017 GA with no such issues. I also see the Product.INI file clearly in the installation. Please make sure that you ...

1. Unzip the install into a folder where your Windows account has full control
  2. Try running Setup.EXE as "Admin"

Note: If the above fails, please try: a) re-downloading the MR and/or unzipping the MR using WinRAR.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Olan Knight
  2. Thursday, 9 November 2017 20:32 PM UTC
I recently experienced an issue with loading PBv12.1 onto a new VM and had multiple failures.

It turns out that on the RARE occasion, you need the exact  tool used to ZIP a file in order to UNZIP that file without errors.

I was using 7-Zip to unzip the zipped files and was having all kinds of bizarre failures. When I downloaded a trial version of WinZip and used WinZip to decompress the files, the install worked correctly and the IDE ran without error.

Note: This was the first time I've experienced this issue, and I was using files I had previously downloaded from SAP years ago.

Later -

Olan

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.