Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, all! The issue is the folowing: The Breakpoints and Watch settings of the Debug Painter are being lost when the IDE is closed and then re-opened. Using PB 2022 R3 Build 3289. Thanks for helping....
Hello,   I have created this user object inherited from u_base in pfemail.pbl which contains a user object that does my toolbar and it contains a rich text control    Here is the user object that does the toolbar   When I use the user object ...
I'm observing a problem where if I create a window with a given width and height (in this case, 2002 x 1500), and then put a messagebox in the window's Open event to display those values, they don't match (I get 2039 x 1604). Is it adding in PBUs fo...
We have trouble to run PowerServer 2022 application. No Build and deploy project error shows but when we run the project it is showing RunWebAPI return error, Exitcode: 0, error id:0 When run from the C# solution, we have the PowerServer starting fa...
One of my customers used one of my utilities to delete objects from a library. In the PB IDE, the GIT interface doesn't see any deletes needing to be committed. With an SCC API based source control system, my utility performs a SccRemove. For GIT, i...
Hi Guys I've just notice that Powerserver is returning session info that is 1 hour out. It looks like it's recording date times in UTC rather than local time, is that correct? If so is there a way to configure Powerserver to log using Local time on ...
  Anyone know when i inherit from another windows, the special character `   edit source coding below type cb_print from w_parent_report_sheet`cb_print within w_test_commoninteger x = 2446integer y = 156integer width = 352integer height = 104inte...
I am building our PowerBuilder application in a Docker container.  To create the Docker image, we run the PowerBuilder "SilentInstall.bat" file first with opt-PBU and then a second time with opt=PBR.  This works with the previous version, R3 3289.  I...
hi all,   I need to set specific paper size 12.50cm x 18.95cm at datawindow object. But I can't find any customization available. Any alternative way to do so ?     regards, Dev Ong...
Hi all,  PB 2022R2 build 2828 compiled with PowerClient.  Sometimes, on client machines, we encounter a strange error message like "Unresolvable external n_winsrv when linking reference at line 15 in open event...". This indicates that the applica...
I apologize if this is a basic question, or if I leave out significant details, but this is my first time creating a PowerApp.  I did search the forums and the web, but did not find a good answer.  I am creating a new PowerApp using Powerserver 2022...
Hi we have an C# DLL in .net framework 4.8 that we have imported via .net DLL importer. We used build PB 2022 1900 and we coud call the dll When we use PB r3 build 3356 we can't load the assembly.   Only if we install windowdesktop runtime 6.0 it...
Hi, I am using Powerbuilder 2019 and SQL Server to retrieve the data. Issue: There is a datawindow and it gets rows retrieved from stored procedure. But the label & the data both are blank for specific screens in some terminals of customer site...
Hi we are creating charts in WMF format, when using a virtuel PDF printer the charts looks great, but when using PDF Lib (PDFNative) it looks really bad quality. Why is this the PDFNative not creating good quality of the images? Se attahced files. ...
I have a report in a data window that calls functions within the application to make calculations when retrieving the report, however each action that a user performs on it the calculation is performed again, weighing the actions performed. I want to...
Hi Team, Hope you are doing well. Need your help for a query regarding Microsoft web browser OLE object, used for browsing a URL. When accessing a URL using Navigate command through PB IDE, I am able to launch URL. But same URL(in application) wh...
Buenos días,  hice la migración de una aplicación a cloud, inicialmente hice la prueba en el IIS local y todo esta perfecto  Ahora mi consulta es porque en lugar de correrla directamente en la maquina de desarrollo quise llevarla a otro servidor con...
I am having an issue where I cannot seem to access the datasource of my crosstab after i initially create the crosstab. This appears to be a new issue unless i am missing some combination of settings as i was able to re-enter the data source after sa...
Hi, does anyone out there know how to convert a pdf to excel or csv / text programmatically, or using an command line converter. I am using the latest verison of PB on windows 10 I have a requirement to be able to check a pdf document listing tran...
Hello, I am using Powerbuilder 2022R3 - 3356 On my personal development box, the command li_status = wb_navigator.Navigate("www.google.ca") returns 1 (valid url) li_status = wb_navigator.Navigate("something") returns -1 (it's not a valid url) ...

There are no discussions available here currently