1. Jason Lu
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 5 October 2022 16:37 PM UTC

After I migrated application from PB12.6 to 2022, Application got error.

Faulting module name: pbdom126.pbx, version: 12.6.0.3506, time stamp: 0x53bcb8c3
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00024c03

Accepted Answer
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 5 October 2022 16:44 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Jason Lu Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 13 October 2022 13:46 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Thank you. It is solved.

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 13 October 2022 16:03 PM UTC
You're very welcome! Thanks for making this as solved.
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 5 October 2022 18:44 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Roland;
  Not any longer. The newer PB IDE's will inform you on migration that a PBD is of the wrong version. So in the case of a PB2022 to 2023/2024 PBDOM migration you will get the following similar error (for example) ...

Regards... Chris

Comment
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 5 October 2022 17:39 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

If you have your PBDOM objects in a library (PBL), right click the library and choose 'Import PB Extension'. Select PBDOM.pbx in C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Common\PowerBuilder\Runtime 22.0.0.xxxx.

If you are using the Appeon provided PBD file, change the target library list to use pbdom220.pbd which is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilder 22.0\IDE.

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 5 October 2022 18:02 PM UTC
Hi Jason;

In addition to Roland's great response, I would certainly recommend dumping the PBX approach as it A) Creates a migration headache; B) Is hard for the next programmer to debug and C) just creates more work than necessary from PB release to release.

I would highly recommend the 2nd suggestion and only use the PBD approach. That way in PB 2023 / 2024 / etc all you need to do is swap the pbdom220.pbd file out for a pbdom223.pbd or pbdom224.pbd and you are all done. Much more intuitive and far less risky migration wise (IMHO). Just my $0.02. HTH

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
  1. Roland Smith
  2. Wednesday, 5 October 2022 18:15 PM UTC
Having the version in the PBD name kind of defeats the purpose of removing version numbers from the PBX/DLL files and makes migration harder (need to update the library list, need new version of PBD when changing build numbers. Importing into a PBL eliminates all that. You don't have to change the library list and the PBL with the DOM objects will get recompiled when the target is migrated to the next build/version. Since the PBX no longer has version number in the name, you only have to re-import if new functions were added.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 5 October 2022 18:47 PM UTC
Hi Roland ... not any more as in newer PB IDE's, the IDE will alert the PB developer that a PBD is "out of date".

See my full screen capture post in this thread. ;-)
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.