1. Yuri Denshchik
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 10 January 2018 18:33 PM UTC

The build generated by calling pbc170.exe creates .exe file without application icon.
Another mystery is: the icon file is set when open application Addition Parameters within PB IDE. But exported application .sra file does not contain it. 

How to set application icon when build .exe with pbc170?

Thanks,

Yuri

Ken Guo @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 28 June 2021 08:40 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Yuri,

PB 2017 R3 and previous PB versions kept the Application ICON information in the binary content of the PBL file, not in the source code of the Application Object, which caused this issue.

PB 2019 R3 and PB 2021 already have the Application ICON information built into the Application Object, so they no longer need to set the Icon for ORCA, PBC and PBAutoBuild.

Regards,

Ken

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 11 January 2018 13:49 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

The application icon is not part of the application object source, it is located in a binary only object within the library containing the application object.

I added a feature request to change this.

Everyone knows that when you save an object, there are source and compiled versions of the object stored in the library. Internally the library format stores the source and compiled code separately. If your application object is called 'myapp', the internal name of the source is myapp.sra and the compiled code is called myapp.apl. Similarly a window called w_main has source with an internal name of w_main.srw and compiled code called w_main.win. The application painter stores the application icon and default fonts in a binary only object called .pra, myapp.pra in this example.

There are no ORCA functions to work with the pra object so external compilers cannot get the icon name.

Comment
  1. Yuri Denshchik
  2. Thursday, 11 January 2018 19:48 PM UTC
Thank you Roland for explanation. That means, pb170.exe cannot be used now because it does not set application icon 

1. Helpful
Gary Collins Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 10 January 2018 18:46 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3
Comment
  1. Aleš Vojáček
  2. Friday, 1 October 2021 22:47 PM UTC
Hi all,

I have same problems.

If I'm building using PowerBuilder IDE there is an icon in final exe file.

If I'm building using orca which will "ImportOnly" changes from git. Then It is working ok.

If I'm useing PBAutoBuild210.exe which will recreate pbls, then resulting exe is without icon. It does not matter if I have icon in pbr or not, I have icon set in app painter without path, using PB2021 and in exported sra is :

global type konzultace from application

string appicon = "KZ.ico"

end type

Di someone find solution?
  1. Helpful
  1. Régis Schmitz
  2. Friday, 28 October 2022 13:02 PM UTC
Hello guys!

I am having the same issue here with PB19 R3 Build 2703.

I have create a script in python in order to set up the icon on the aplication source file (generic.sra), pointing the icon to appropriate path, but its not working.

Algo tried to remove the path (from the source and also PBL), put the file in same place as the pbl and inside the folder "ws_objects\generic\generic.pbl.src".

Still missing our application icon.

Any suggestions?

thanks!
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Friday, 28 October 2022 15:24 PM UTC
Hi Regis, I suggest you post this as a separate question because even though it sounds like you have same problem as Yuri, Ken pointed out that PB 2019 R3 works differently than PB 2017. So what is causing your problem is likely to be different than Yuri's problem.
  1. Helpful 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.