1. Sivaprakash BKR
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Saturday, 24 June 2023 05:15 AM UTC

Hello,

Any date is planned for the release of PB 2022 R2 GA?  

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash

Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 8 July 2023 19:46 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Latest tentative date is early August.  This information went out in the Appeon newsletter.  You can sign up on our website to stay in the loop.  https://www.appeon.com/subscribe

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 24 June 2023 13:29 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi BKR;

Currently, all I can say is in the summer of 2023. The public beta is still ongoing and a second beta is now out to those who were actively beta testing initially. Now, Engineering needs to assess all that feedback & determine (based on delivering a solid feature set) when they could deliver GA (including a solid Q/A & documentation). So please be patient & stay tuned. 

Regards ... Chris 

Comment
  1. Sivaprakash BKR
  2. Saturday, 24 June 2023 13:42 PM UTC
Thanks Chris,

I think Summer is so generic and differs from country to country. Any scheduled month (period) instead?
  1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Saturday, 24 June 2023 14:10 PM UTC
LOL you're right "south pole" summer !

But seriously, I prefer Appeon to take their time on this one. There's a considerable little list of things that don't work well enough in my humble opinion.

Personally, I'd rather see a yearly release with more quality and stability and less new features. Companies are reluctant to immediately adapt a new release that just came out (due to possible bugs and the amount of re-testing required), only to repeat the process half a year later.

I DO understand that lots of features are necessary to modernize PB, but hope it slows down in the future with the gain of stability and quality.

Just my 2cts.
  1. Helpful 2
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Saturday, 24 June 2023 14:24 PM UTC
Hi BKR .... I was referring to the North American summer. ;-)
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.