1. Sivaprakash BKR
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Saturday, 24 June 2023 05:15 AM UTC

Hello,

Any date is planned for the release of PB 2022 R2 GA?  

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash

Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 8 July 2023 19:46 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Latest tentative date is early August.  This information went out in the Appeon newsletter.  You can sign up on our website to stay in the loop.  https://www.appeon.com/subscribe

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 24 June 2023 13:29 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi BKR;

Currently, all I can say is in the summer of 2023. The public beta is still ongoing and a second beta is now out to those who were actively beta testing initially. Now, Engineering needs to assess all that feedback & determine (based on delivering a solid feature set) when they could deliver GA (including a solid Q/A & documentation). So please be patient & stay tuned. 

Regards ... Chris 

Comment
  1. Sivaprakash BKR
  2. Saturday, 24 June 2023 13:42 PM UTC
Thanks Chris,

I think Summer is so generic and differs from country to country. Any scheduled month (period) instead?
  1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Saturday, 24 June 2023 14:10 PM UTC
LOL you're right "south pole" summer !

But seriously, I prefer Appeon to take their time on this one. There's a considerable little list of things that don't work well enough in my humble opinion.

Personally, I'd rather see a yearly release with more quality and stability and less new features. Companies are reluctant to immediately adapt a new release that just came out (due to possible bugs and the amount of re-testing required), only to repeat the process half a year later.

I DO understand that lots of features are necessary to modernize PB, but hope it slows down in the future with the gain of stability and quality.

Just my 2cts.
  1. Helpful 2
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Saturday, 24 June 2023 14:24 PM UTC
Hi BKR .... I was referring to the North American summer. ;-)
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.