Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
I am about to Upgrade Our production PowerServer 2017 to PowerServer 2019. I Install PowerServer 2019 trial version in our Test Server and deploy all the app to it. The deploy work perfect. I have not test the app in the mobile devices. I will be d...
Hi, When exporting an object, Powerbuilder places the sr* “apparently” in c:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\Powerbuilder. At least that’s what you can see in the file save dialog. With explorer, it just didn’t exist. It took me ages to find it, b...
I will like to find out how to send a Text thru a mobile app. I will appreciate an advice or direct me to a document/Sample to learn how to code it. Every time I think I know a little bit, I find my self asking more questions. I appreciate all you...
Hi would appreciate some help with an error I get ever since going to PB17. When using Nant.exe to build an MSI package I get a R6034 error related to the MS Visual C++ runtime library.   Wondered if anyone could help with a way around this issu...
We are planning to Powerserver toolkit for deploying application in web , we want to understand if Powservern toolkit build can run by Jenkins ....
Hello I have an application in PB 2017 R3 1880 and the APPCRASH error is often showing and the system stops working. It only happens on some PCs. Operating System: Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (32 and b4 bits)   Firma con problemas: Nomb...
Downloaded R3 trial version and tried to compile Kodigo OpenExplorer from below SF link. https://sourceforge.net/projects/kodigo/ Re-compiled canvas.pbx using VS2015 and PBNI libs from PB2017 R3, imported the PBX in the PBL , removed fcxpbni.pbd an...
Has anyone gone through a database conversion from Sybase 16 to Oracle 12c? Can you off advice in: 1) The way you setup schemas in Oracle? 2) Stored Procedure Conversion? 3) Datawindows that use Stored Procedures as the source? 4) Any general ad...
Hi, I'm hoping somebody can educate me on the difference between the following actions below.  I've reviewed a bunch of documentation but its wasn't very definitive if you should do a Full Build before executing the Deploy. Powerbuilder 2017 R2 - Cl...
Hi All Appeon Experts, We have been developing Desktop Apps for a significant number of years and have started developing Appeon Mobile Apps to compliment these over the last 2-3 years.  To date our Deskptop and Mobile App codebase have been kept in...
Hi Guys  anyone has already experienced a send tweet ?  Thanks...
start study power builder appeon web server ...
Hi All, We are considering to go the Powerserver web/mobile i.e to have our desktop application on web / mobile. Our fears are if the following related codes will continue to run; 1. Excel oleobject (We depend on the object very much) 2. Some dll...
Hi Everyone, By performing a test, I realized that the function FindRequired for DataWindows has different behavior in Powerbuilder classic than Appeon WEB when it comes to RadioButtons. First, RadioButtons do not allow the required property to turn...
Hi there   I use the tab control in quite a few of my applications - I am currently running 2017 R2 I normally set the background of each tab to a different colour and set the tab part the same colour.  PLease see the attached picture I am sure I...
i have a pb app runing on windows server2008 R2 64bit when i use the PB "RUN" function it returns 1 but nothing is run when debugging and copying the run string parameter to cmd prompt of server it runs successfully i even made the app create a ba...
I'm trying to install the 1880 update for PB, but the installer is telling me it can't determine the version of PB.  What is needed for it to move past this.  ...
This is true on multiple developer machines here where PB 2017 R3 Universal has been installed, yet I've not been able to find anyone else mentioning it here on the forums. (Admittedly, the search terms aren't very selective.) All incoming links int...
Hello, I have a char(2000) column in a datawindow that uses the EditMask edit style with an edit mask of 2000 'X's. However, I cannot enter more than 255 characters in it. I tried this in PB12.5 and PB17r3. I could not find any information about a l...
Greeting all. appeon pb 2017r2 Amazon>Aurora>MySql database. Trying to make a connection to it using JDBC ( i think i got right driver ) Having trouble creating pb db profile to build stored procedure based datawindow and also look up correct con...

There are no discussions available here currently