1. Jim Means
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 6 April 2021 20:30 PM UTC

Hey folks,

I just installed PB2019 R3, Build 2670.  Migrated an app from PB2017 R2.  The only reason for the 2019 upgrade is because we're moving to Oracle v19 databases.  Wanted to get the app migrated before the DB upgrade. 

I've searched high and low on my machine, but it doesn't look like the install package stuck the 2019 DLLs anywhere to be copied in.  Any idea where I can find pbora190.DLL?

Thanks,
Jim

Accepted Answer
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 6 April 2021 21:04 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hi Jim;

The PB runtime is now decoupled from the PB IDE and as such, you should be able to locate the runtime files on your PC under the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Common\PowerBuilder\Runtime 19.2.0.NNNN" folder (where NNNN is the runtime [build] number). 

The ORCA (ORCASCR190.exe) and PBC (PBC190.exe) compilers should be located in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilder 190" folder.   HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Wednesday, 7 April 2021 08:36 AM UTC
As said by Chris, the runtime will be where he told they will be. Also, depending on "where" you installed your powerbuilder, you might find the DLLs used by the IDE (not the Runtime), in the "path_where_you_installed_powerbuilder\IDE"

In my case: D:\Appeon2019R3\PowerBuilder 19.0\IDE
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Jim Means Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 7 April 2021 17:28 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Thanks all,

I was following a document that still referenced pbora190.dll.  I found the drivers & all is well.Starting to experiment with runtime stuff now.

Regards,Jim

Comment
  1. Tracy Huang @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 8 April 2021 05:47 AM UTC
Hi Jim, can you point out the name of the document or section that still referenced pbora190.dll. We will need to fix the doc. There is no more pbora190.dll, but pbora.dll instead.

Regards

Tracy
  1. Helpful
  1. Jim Means
  2. Thursday, 8 April 2021 13:33 PM UTC
Hi Tracy,

I wasn't paying attention. The doc I was looking at was for R2 and I didn't notice until just now. Grabbed the R3 version and all is well.
  1. Helpful
  1. Tracy Huang @Appeon
  2. Friday, 9 April 2021 06:24 AM UTC
Hi Jim, thank you for the clarification and for helping us improve the product and doc.

Regards

Tracy
  1. Helpful
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 6 April 2021 21:06 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi, Jim -

Version number suffixes on the runtime DLL's were removed beginning in 2019 R3 as part of decoupling of the Runtime from the IDE.

Thus, PBORA190.DLL is now named PBORA.DLL.

I suggest you familiarize yourself with the implications of this change:

https://docs.appeon.com/pb2019r3/whats_new/Separating_Runtime_from_IDE.html

Regards, John

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.