FTP Backups

• Ramón San Félix Ramón
  • Ramón San Félix Ramón's Avatar Code Author
More
6 months 3 days ago #489 by Ramón San Félix Ramón
Ramón San Félix Ramón created the code: FTP Backups
I want to share with you a small utility to automatically manage the copy and restoration of Databases of our PowerBuilder applications on MSQLServer.

Basically, it is an application designed to run automatically by scheduling a Windows task that triggers it at the time of interest to us. It can be scheduled on a server to make backup copies, and on another computer to download and restore them.

I have tried to put a few options to make it versatile, all are parameterized in a .ini file.

In the README.md file you can see what all the options are for.

Before using the program, you must open the ini file and configure it to your liking.

In my blog in Spanish I have explained some things more:

rsrsystem.blogspot.com/2023/08/copias-de-seguridad-ftp.html

I have tried to create this program using an exception mechanism instead of using functions that return values ​​of TRUE/FALSE. I have used the n_ex object described in the article Power building with exceptions on the Elegant Programming Club page:

code.intfast.ca/viewtopic.php?t=1

I also relied on two free code examples from the Topwiz Software page:

Winsock ---> www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_winsock.html
FTPClient --> www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_ftpclient.html

Finally, it is worth mentioning that I have used the new SMTPObject object in PowerBuilder 2022 R2 for sending emails and the CompressorObject and ExtractorObject objects for compressing and decompressing introduced in PowerBuilder 2019.

I leave you a link to the github project, in which the account keys are linked to an encryption mechanism:

github.com/rasanfe/BackupFtpApp

Additionally, I upload the zipped project as an attachment here. (without encryption mechanism to simplify).

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Appeon Administrator