1. Rita Andrie
  2. Elevate Discussion
  3. Friday, 4 August 2023 21:07 PM UTC

Hi,

We developed the Spell Check menu item to check the spelling from the mle "box" and it has been working for a while.  Sincenthe office 365 was upgraded, something affected the Spell Check.  The "Not in Dictionary" works in a hidden way, however, the information doesn't show in the top part of the box:  

If I click the Options... button and then click OK, then the information shows up here in the "Not in Dictionary" box:

I can't find a way to make the information show up in the "Not in Dictionary" box.  How do I do this?  We have 2017 RE Build 1880.

Here is the coding we have had for a while:

ole_doc = ole_info.documents.add()
ole_doc.content = as_text
ole_doc.checkspelling(as_text)
la_ret = ole_doc.content 
ls_text= String(la_ret)

Please help.  Thanks,

R

Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Sunday, 6 August 2023 05:51 AM UTC
  2. Elevate Discussion
  3. # 1

On pb2019 R3 it still works fine for me:

I just installed pb2022 R2, so let me migrate and test also on that one.

Some time later: tested on pb2022 R2. Works also fine!

Which version do you refer to with "latest version of office 365"? I'm using "Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2307 Build 16.0.16626.20086) 64-bit"

regards.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 5 August 2023 17:14 PM UTC
  2. Elevate Discussion
  3. # 2

Hi Rita;

I have this feature in my STD framework. Testing this today with PB 2022 R2 and Office365 - spell checking seems to be broken.  :-(

I will try & Look into this from my framework side & see if I can discover why.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Sunday, 6 August 2023 12:34 PM UTC
Hi Rita;

I found the issue in my framework with MS-Word spell checking. I updated the spell checking code last night & it now works OK. The execution performance needs to still be tweaked, but I can easily do that for my official R2 release.

Seems like the main problem was to locate the speller dialogue in MS-Office and bring it to the "front & center. I tested this revised code with O365, W10 & W11.

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 4 August 2023 21:35 PM UTC
  2. Elevate Discussion
  3. # 3

I don't have time to look into it, but as far as I know, we don't have any problems. This is a sample app of my code : https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a?controller=attachment&task=download&tmpl=component&id=933

regards.

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Sunday, 6 August 2023 12:37 PM UTC
Hi Miguel;

Thanks for this speller example. It works in PB 2022 R2 with Office 365 on W10 & W11. This will be a good example for Rita to compare her Apps code to see what she needs to "tweak".

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Sunday, 6 August 2023 13:07 PM UTC
yw Chris.
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.