1. Rita Andrie
  2. Elevate Discussion
  3. Friday, 4 August 2023 21:07 PM UTC

Hi,

We developed the Spell Check menu item to check the spelling from the mle "box" and it has been working for a while.  Sincenthe office 365 was upgraded, something affected the Spell Check.  The "Not in Dictionary" works in a hidden way, however, the information doesn't show in the top part of the box:  

If I click the Options... button and then click OK, then the information shows up here in the "Not in Dictionary" box:

I can't find a way to make the information show up in the "Not in Dictionary" box.  How do I do this?  We have 2017 RE Build 1880.

Here is the coding we have had for a while:

ole_doc = ole_info.documents.add()
ole_doc.content = as_text
ole_doc.checkspelling(as_text)
la_ret = ole_doc.content 
ls_text= String(la_ret)

Please help.  Thanks,

R

Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Sunday, 6 August 2023 05:51 AM UTC
  2. Elevate Discussion
  3. # 1

On pb2019 R3 it still works fine for me:

I just installed pb2022 R2, so let me migrate and test also on that one.

Some time later: tested on pb2022 R2. Works also fine!

Which version do you refer to with "latest version of office 365"? I'm using "Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2307 Build 16.0.16626.20086) 64-bit"

regards.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 5 August 2023 17:14 PM UTC
  2. Elevate Discussion
  3. # 2

Hi Rita;

I have this feature in my STD framework. Testing this today with PB 2022 R2 and Office365 - spell checking seems to be broken.  :-(

I will try & Look into this from my framework side & see if I can discover why.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Sunday, 6 August 2023 12:34 PM UTC
Hi Rita;

I found the issue in my framework with MS-Word spell checking. I updated the spell checking code last night & it now works OK. The execution performance needs to still be tweaked, but I can easily do that for my official R2 release.

Seems like the main problem was to locate the speller dialogue in MS-Office and bring it to the "front & center. I tested this revised code with O365, W10 & W11.

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 4 August 2023 21:35 PM UTC
  2. Elevate Discussion
  3. # 3

I don't have time to look into it, but as far as I know, we don't have any problems. This is a sample app of my code : https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a?controller=attachment&task=download&tmpl=component&id=933

regards.

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Sunday, 6 August 2023 12:37 PM UTC
Hi Miguel;

Thanks for this speller example. It works in PB 2022 R2 with Office 365 on W10 & W11. This will be a good example for Rita to compare her Apps code to see what she needs to "tweak".

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Sunday, 6 August 2023 13:07 PM UTC
yw Chris.
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.