Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, IS there a way to calculate the difference between two dates in years, months, days taking into leap year also into consideration ? Happiness AlwaysBKR Sivaprakash  ...
When switching our internal build system to support the PowerBuilder Standalone Compiler (pbc170) I ran into several issues that might be worth looking at.   The compiler does not provide a proper exit code. In my tests several different build fai...
  When i create an application i have this error message: I create an richtext control, in a pc it works but when i installed the same application to another pc i have this error. Failed to create the control. Please confirm that this richtext con...
  I have code that creates objects dynamically with the "CREATE USING" statement . It does not seem to work. I am not seeing any place where it says it not supported.  Do  need to make code change to get this to work? All I am doing is: lnv_object...
Hi, Currently we are using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 connected to SVN.  I am trying to automate our build and deployment process using SVN.exe's and PBC170.exe's command line syntax. I was able to successfully generate build but the place where I am stu...
Hi there, I am working with a client that has PB12.6 and he want to write a utility to convert legacy PSR files to PDF (saved as blob in a database table). I have written a small application that does this using XSLFOP! method. I have it working wi...
We are trying to program the offline part of the mobile and we have some doubts (we are using a SQLite database):   Can we know every moment if the terminal is in online or offline mode? How   If we run first connect online, how can we then...
hello, with these parameters in my configuration file, I get "login failed for user ..." and sqlstate = 28000 error   DBMS = "SNC SQL Native Client(OLE DB)"ServerName = "server\instance,1522"LogId = "adm"LogPass = mstDBParm = "Provider='SQLNCLI11'...
Hi Team, While logging in PowerBuilder 2017 with my user account, I am getting an error "This account is already logged in to PowerBuilder. Please use another account. Note: One account cannot login to trial and paid versions at the same time.". I a...
Does PowerBuilder 2017 support SQL Server 2017.  I am running PowerBuilder 12.6 against a local (desktop) version of SQL Server 2017, release candidate 1 using the latest version of Native Client (any of them actually). So that might be a clue to ...
Hi, is it possible to have Quick Access icons" on top of the RibbonBar (see attached document for a sample)? Thanks, kp    ...
Hi, I'm just playing with the new RibbonBar control. My first test: I use the xml template, create a new window, insert the ribbonbar control and add code for resize and load. Works fine. But: The default height of the control seems not to be ok. ...
Hello, we are migrating a PowerBuilder project from Oracle to Postgres. In Oracle a multiline text in a datawindows is saved correctly (with chr(13), chr(10)). In Postgres (version 12 with odbc driver) the carriage return, line feed is replaced wit...
Hello, (probably someone from Appeon should answer this question) On your website "Installation Guide of SnapDevelop (PB Edition) 2019" you have listed this as requirements:   Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 SDK Microsoft .NET Core SDK 2....
Hi.   One of our customers has a mix of Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga and MS Surface laptops. They run most of their software, ours included, in MS Remote Apps. When scrolling the datawindows in our application with the Surface, nothing happens when it's ...
Hi, We have a powerserver mobile project that use SQLite3 as a local DB. The tables has decimal datatype columns but when we create a new DW with that tables as a datasource the PB recognize that columns as a WVARCHAR and we can't use these columns ...
I had to completely reinstall Appeon Powerserver for mobile on my production server. I have set up all the settings and FTP and all of that is working but when I deploy the application for the first time to the server it creates the folders on the s...
How to implement sorting, filtering and paging to my asp.net mvc controller with snapdevelop, in order to use this kind of RESTFUL syntaxe url: http://www.example.gov/api/v1/magazines.json?year=2011&sort=desc There is plenty of tutorial on how ...
Hello, I'd like someone to point me in the direction of a tutorial on how to make an animated smooth menu come across from the left when I click my hamburger icon top left. I would consider myself still amateur, so I would require a good level of s...
Will the datawindow SaveAS to excel use sheets? Saving to excel without excel installed on PC....

There are no discussions available here currently