1. Kieu Parrish
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 1 July 2020 19:07 PM UTC

Good Afternoon!

Currently we are using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 and the folder is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon" .

So we installed PowerBuilder 2019 R2 with folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon2019"  , when we try to import the pbdom190.pbd into a pbl on our PB2019 R2 application and we got the error below : 

" ---------- Import PB Extension:    (1:44:39 PM)
Importing C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon2019\Shared\PowerBuilder\pbdom190.pbd  -  Error: The file is not a valid dll or pbx file.
 ---------- Finished    (1:44:39 PM)
"

Have you guys has this issue with PB2019 R2 and how to resolve ? 

Thank you very much! 

Aneesha Tripathy Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 9 March 2021 04:15 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1
I also was not able to import the PB extension PBDOM190.PBX into a PB 2019 R2 app & library (the IDE crashes).

However, I was able to successfully add the PBDOM190.PBD to the application library list in PB 2019 R2. I suggest you proceed in this manner.

Can someone Please tell me how this is done, I am new to powerbuilder

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 1 July 2020 19:49 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

I believe you import the PBX, not the PBD. If you want to use the PBD, you add it to your application's Library List.

Comment
  1. Kieu Parrish
  2. Wednesday, 1 July 2020 20:06 PM UTC
Thank you John!

I tried import the pbx one and my application got crashed.

so I tried pbd.

I just found the https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/error-importing-pbwsclient170-pbx

this link shows the error of "pbwsclient170.pbx - Error: The file is not a valid dll or pbx file."

"Importing C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder\pbwsclient170.pbx - Error: The file is not a valid dll or pbx file."

Our issue is that when we use the pbx , the application just closes out , it does not say anything .

We have installed PB2019 R2 on Windows 10.

Thank you!

1. Helpful
  1. John Fauss
  2. Wednesday, 1 July 2020 20:45 PM UTC
I also was not able to import the PB extension PBDOM190.PBX into a PB 2019 R2 app & library (the IDE crashes).

However, I was able to successfully add the PBDOM190.PBD to the application library list in PB 2019 R2. I suggest you proceed in this manner.

Good luck!
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 1 July 2020 20:51 PM UTC
Hi Kieu;

FWIW: I would loose the PBX import route and just stick with the PBD's. All you need to do is add these PBD's to your App's "library list" and your done. Then in the next release, just replace the xxxxxx190.pbd with the new xxxxx221.pbd (for example) and your App is all ready to go.

The PBX route is always tricky : can be dangerous as your not always aware of where the PB objects from the PBX were imported into (PBL wise). Now there is a much greater chance of duplicate objects, some objects updated & some not, etc. You can't do that via the PBD route.

BTW: all PBD objects are both 32 & 64bit compliant.

HTH

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.