1. Copetti Fulvio
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 16 November 2018 10:43 AM UTC

I want to install pb2017 R3LTS STD but I receive this message :

"Setup has detected that pb2017 R3 is already installed". I execute "remove all installed features" and received "The wizard was interrupted before Appeon 2017 could be completely installed".

I want to inform you that previously i make tests with version trial R2 and R3. I have uninstalled them but in my programs to remove it is always there

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 16 November 2018 15:24 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Copetti;

This is rare, but I had been in the same situation when testing Alpha & Beta releases of Appeon PB and then trying to install the GA version later on. Even though I did an "uninstall" of those previous release/version (and even sometimes when the uninstall completed successfully) - the O/S seems to think that its still there and the new installer won't run because it thinks the current version is installed.

Here is what I have done in that this case to resolve the "catch 22" situation like this ...

1. Remove all PB 2017 folders via File Manager  ... "C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilder 17.0" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared" and their sub-folders.
  2. Run REGEDIT utility and remove all PB2017 references (a bit time consuming)
  3. Reboot your PC

After the above, I have been able to now install OK. The same for PowerServer.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 16 November 2018 15:59 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

The program CCleaner (previously Crap Cleaner) has the ability to delete items from the installed programs list. Then you can run the registry cleanup a couple times until it doesn't find any issues.

Comment
Copetti Fulvio Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 19 November 2018 11:47 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Thanks Chris,
I remove all pb17 references and its ok now.

Roland,

i don't have CCleaner but i remember it for next time.

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Monday, 19 November 2018 17:16 PM UTC

That's excellent news Copetti ... I am super glad that this manual clean-up procedure worked for you! :-)
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.