Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Downloaded R3 trial version and tried to compile Kodigo OpenExplorer from below SF link. https://sourceforge.net/projects/kodigo/ Re-compiled canvas.pbx using VS2015 and PBNI libs from PB2017 R3, imported the PBX in the PBL , removed fcxpbni.pbd an...
Has anyone gone through a database conversion from Sybase 16 to Oracle 12c? Can you off advice in: 1) The way you setup schemas in Oracle? 2) Stored Procedure Conversion? 3) Datawindows that use Stored Procedures as the source? 4) Any general ad...
Hi, I'm hoping somebody can educate me on the difference between the following actions below.  I've reviewed a bunch of documentation but its wasn't very definitive if you should do a Full Build before executing the Deploy. Powerbuilder 2017 R2 - Cl...
Hi All Appeon Experts, We have been developing Desktop Apps for a significant number of years and have started developing Appeon Mobile Apps to compliment these over the last 2-3 years.  To date our Deskptop and Mobile App codebase have been kept in...
Hi Guys  anyone has already experienced a send tweet ?  Thanks...
start study power builder appeon web server ...
Hi All, We are considering to go the Powerserver web/mobile i.e to have our desktop application on web / mobile. Our fears are if the following related codes will continue to run; 1. Excel oleobject (We depend on the object very much) 2. Some dll...
Hi Everyone, By performing a test, I realized that the function FindRequired for DataWindows has different behavior in Powerbuilder classic than Appeon WEB when it comes to RadioButtons. First, RadioButtons do not allow the required property to turn...
Hi there   I use the tab control in quite a few of my applications - I am currently running 2017 R2 I normally set the background of each tab to a different colour and set the tab part the same colour.  PLease see the attached picture I am sure I...
i have a pb app runing on windows server2008 R2 64bit when i use the PB "RUN" function it returns 1 but nothing is run when debugging and copying the run string parameter to cmd prompt of server it runs successfully i even made the app create a ba...
I'm trying to install the 1880 update for PB, but the installer is telling me it can't determine the version of PB.  What is needed for it to move past this.  ...
This is true on multiple developer machines here where PB 2017 R3 Universal has been installed, yet I've not been able to find anyone else mentioning it here on the forums. (Admittedly, the search terms aren't very selective.) All incoming links int...
Hello, I have a char(2000) column in a datawindow that uses the EditMask edit style with an edit mask of 2000 'X's. However, I cannot enter more than 255 characters in it. I tried this in PB12.5 and PB17r3. I could not find any information about a l...
Greeting all. appeon pb 2017r2 Amazon>Aurora>MySql database. Trying to make a connection to it using JDBC ( i think i got right driver ) Having trouble creating pb db profile to build stored procedure based datawindow and also look up correct con...
Bonjour. actuellement, j'utilise Crystal XI en RDC (OLE Control) pour produire des éditions (Crystal ActiveX Report Viewer Control 11.5). Crystal 2016 n'utilise plus le RDC mais uniquement .NET. Est-ce que quelqu'un a une solution technique pour c...
Hi all I just wanted to find out if anyone else has run into a similar issue as mine, and if so, how to get around this. I am doing development on an app which was originally written in Powerbuilder 8, and which interacts with a serial device via C...
Hello everyone,  We have an Appeon web case when we enable and disable a button in several windows. The button is disabled when opening the window, then when we select or fill a field the button does not enable, but its appearance changes as if it w...
Hello, I'm creating a Chocolatey package for the standalone PowerBuilder Compiler (PBC). The goal is to silently install PBC on hosted agents for our automated build process in Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS). I generated an InstallShield response file...
I get the "Failed to get NLS_LANG charset ID " when I try to connect to Oracle. I tried adding a Local NLS_LANG in my Registry but still no go. I installed the oracle Client in 32 bits, and dont work, for PB 2017. What can i do? Thank you for the he...
I want to deploy an ERP system developed in Powerbuilder 2017 on the web. Appeon's solution is to use PowerServer which has the severe limitation of working only with Windows clients (IE, Firefox on Windows pc) only. How do I make the application ava...

There are no discussions available here currently