1. John Raghanti
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 13 April 2023 13:26 PM UTC

Hi. Ran into an issue in PB2022 Build 1892. We had migrated from PB2019 Build 2353.

Working on an item and suddenly a DataStore with a SQL Select datawindow attached started returning -1 on Retrieve(). I jumped through some hoops before finally re-creating the datawindow from scratch, and that resolved the issue.

When I compared existing to new I found that the table definition in the datawindow had added a "dbalias" property to each of my columns. The dbalias property was not on the newly created datawindow.

table(column=(type=char(32) updatewhereclause=yes name=keyname dbname="v_adm_settings.keyname" dbalias=".keyname" )

It must've done this when I opened it with PB2022 because it did not exist in PB2019 and source control shows it wasn't there prior to my modifying the datawindow. 

Once I removed all of those properties, my DataStore started retrieving properly again.

Something to check if you start having issues with retrieving data.

Francisco Martinez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 13 April 2023 14:28 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Thanks for sharing this problem and the solution with the community!

Comment
  1. luis avilan
  2. Monday, 17 April 2023 23:47 PM UTC
Muchas Gracias
  1. Helpful
  1. Peter Piechutzki
  2. Wednesday, 19 April 2023 14:39 PM UTC
afaik dbalias gets added once you adress (join) more than one table in a dw.
  1. Helpful
  1. John Raghanti
  2. Thursday, 20 April 2023 10:48 AM UTC
This was a pretty simple datawindow, just a straight select from a view. No joins; no update properties; no sorting; nothing special at all.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.