1. John Raghanti
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 13 April 2023 13:26 PM UTC

Hi. Ran into an issue in PB2022 Build 1892. We had migrated from PB2019 Build 2353.

Working on an item and suddenly a DataStore with a SQL Select datawindow attached started returning -1 on Retrieve(). I jumped through some hoops before finally re-creating the datawindow from scratch, and that resolved the issue.

When I compared existing to new I found that the table definition in the datawindow had added a "dbalias" property to each of my columns. The dbalias property was not on the newly created datawindow.

table(column=(type=char(32) updatewhereclause=yes name=keyname dbname="v_adm_settings.keyname" dbalias=".keyname" )

It must've done this when I opened it with PB2022 because it did not exist in PB2019 and source control shows it wasn't there prior to my modifying the datawindow. 

Once I removed all of those properties, my DataStore started retrieving properly again.

Something to check if you start having issues with retrieving data.



Francisco Martinez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 13 April 2023 14:28 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Thanks for sharing this problem and the solution with the community!

  1. luis avilan
  2. Monday, 17 April 2023 23:47 PM UTC
Muchas Gracias
  1. Helpful
  1. Peter Piechutzki
  2. Wednesday, 19 April 2023 14:39 PM UTC
afaik dbalias gets added once you adress (join) more than one table in a dw.
  1. Helpful
  1. John Raghanti
  2. Thursday, 20 April 2023 10:48 AM UTC
This was a pretty simple datawindow, just a straight select from a view. No joins; no update properties; no sorting; nothing special at all.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :
  • 1

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.