1. Irina Tokar
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 11 December 2017 16:37 PM UTC

I have a trial version of PB2017 on my machine. I successfully migrated the some application from the PB12.6 and try to build exe file from command line. But failed with error: Application 'main' not found in library.

My command line :

"c:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder\pbc170.exe" /d "D:\PBD Deployment\Main\main.pbt" /o "D:\PBD Deployment\Main\main.exe" /w y /m n /x 32  /v "0111" /fv "111" 

What i do incorrect?

in other side we have a build machine with official version of PB2017 and on the build machine the command line works.

Command line on the build machine:

"c:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder\pbc170.exe" /d "D:\PBD Deployment\Main\main.pbt" /o "D:\PBD Deployment\Main\main.exe" /w y /m n /x 32  /v "0111" /fv "111" /out C:\mainLog.log 

If i run this command line in my machine, i got error :Unsupported value /out for the 15th parameter

Can it be because the trial version? or i missing something? 

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 11 December 2017 19:32 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Irena;

Did you create the PBC command line by copying all the required values from your App's deployment project in the PB 2017 IDE?

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Irina Tokar
  2. Tuesday, 12 December 2017 08:48 AM UTC
i will try it,

Thanks

1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 12 December 2017 14:39 PM UTC
Hi Irena;

How about René's suggestion about referencing the project object instead in the PBC?

Regards ... Chris

1. Helpful
  1. Damien Dube
  2. Tuesday, 10 April 2018 01:01 AM UTC
Hi! I found your post here while struggling to use pbc170.exe myself. I was searching for a logging option which is apparently the source of your problem (/log is not supported). What I found is that you can just run this without the log option, but if you force the output of your command to a file using > you can log your build results like this (just make sure that the LAST parameter is followed by a space before the > : "c:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder\pbc170.exe" /d "D:\PBD Deployment\Main\main.pbt" /o "D:\PBD Deployment\Main\main.exe" /w y /m n /x 32  /v "0111" /fv "111" >C:\mainLog.log

I hope this helps, even though this thread is 4 months old.

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Koen de Vos Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 15 May 2018 10:04 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

I get the same error: "Application 'flexkids' not found in library"
Did you found a solution for this problem?

The command line:
& "C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\AutoCompile 17.0\pbc170" /d "C:\tools\jenkins\workspace\Builds\Flexkids\flexkids\flexkids\FlexKIDS.pbt" /o "C:\tools\jenkins\workspace\Builds\Flexkids\FlexKIDS\flexkids\FlexKIDS.exe" /r "C:\tools\jenkins\workspace\Builds\Flexkids\FlexKIDS\flexkids\FlexKIDS.pbr" /w n /f /m n /x 32 /bg y /p "FlexKIDS" /cp "Dicon Development Center" /de "FlexKIDS" /cr "Dicon Development Center" /v "3.0.9.1" /fv "3.0.9.1" /ge 2 /le 0 /ps n  > Deploy.log

It is the same as the example in de project painter.
The full build completed successfully.

Comment
Ken Guo @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 30 May 2018 09:48 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Irina Tokar,

Could you let me know if this issue is fixed. If you still have the issue, can you provide us a sample case to reproduce the issue?

Hi Koen de Vos,

I saw the ticket you reported in the system. We also need you to provide a sample case that can duplicate the issue. We can’t move forward if we don’t have a case that can duplicate the issue.

Best Regards,

Ken

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.