1. Gregory Rusak
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 10 September 2021 20:56 PM UTC

Hello,

For PowerBuilder 2019 R2 applications, the ClassName for the MDI application window was: "FNWND3190".

What is it now for PB2021 applications? I'm supposing it might be: "FNWND3", but not sure. And how can I actually find it to confirm?

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 10 September 2021 21:13 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Gregory;

Here is what I have in my current PB2021 framework ....

Constant        String                    is_microhelp_class           =    "FNHELP"                            // To locate App's MHB
Constant        String                    is_mdi_class                   =    "FNWND3"                          // To locate App's MDI Window
Constant        String                    is_mdi_client_class          =    "MDIClient"                          // To locate App's MDI_1 client
Constant        String                    is_mdi_toolbar_class        =    "FNUD03"                           // To locate App's currentToolbar

To find out what any PB App (or any MS-Window's App) is using class wise at run time, try this handy utility ...

http://chrispollach.blogspot.com/2020/08/explorer.html

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Gregory Rusak
  2. Friday, 10 September 2021 21:21 PM UTC
Thanks Chris.

BTW, I don't see any "Class Wise" utility on your website, but will look further. Thanks
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Saturday, 11 September 2021 00:33 AM UTC
The Windows Explorer utility (link I gave you) shows you every App, their resources, handles & class names - including even O/S process as well.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.