1. Doug Gray
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 23 January 2018 20:56 PM UTC

I don't have dedicated servers so I want to use the cloud to run my PB mobile apps.  Has anyone done this at a low cost? Most cloud services are Linux based, easy to setup and use. Im not sure I have found a cheap/easy to use Windows based Cloud service.

Thanks for any help

Doug Gray

Govinda Lopez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 24 January 2018 17:45 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Doug,

I have used Google Cloud Compute services with Windows VMs at, what I consider, a good low price. Maybe you could look into that too.

Regards,

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
mike S Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 24 January 2018 14:07 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

cheap / low cost is relative.  Azure, AWS, and Rackspace all have various VM options at various prices. 

Azure has a 1 vcpu and 1.75GB for $26/mo which is sufficient for my appeon needs; plus it can easily upgraded without having to reinstall anything.  They also have a $15/mo option which seems the cheapest.  

Azure and AWS have free trial periods; MSFT has their bizspark and other programs that provide you a monthly credit for Azure services.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.