Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We are migrating an application from PVCS to Git and have encountered an issue with creating the local repository. Our  directory structure (which I believe to be the issue) is a main folder with 3 sub-folders (PFC, SMT, SHARED).The application objec...
My original PowerServer WorkGroup Licensed server crash a bout a month a go. I did download a trial and installed in a temp server (box) to have my users working ok. I have being working to put my Production server on line but for different reason is...
I set up TFS for source control, following instructions here: https://community.appeon.com/index.php/articles-blogs/tutorials-articles/2-powerbuilder/195-using-powerbuilder-2017-with-tfs-source-control and it seems to work well as far as adding eve...
Hi.   Scenario: One of our customers has our applications (PB 2017 R3) in a folder on a fileserver. All shortcuts on the users computers are like this: \\Fileserver\Maritech\App\app.exe Most of our other customers instead maps this share \\Files...
Hi, I am using PB 12.6. I have a application which uses soap connection. When I run the application from source code, it works fine. But when I do a 64 bit build and run it from application exe, I get a error "Bad runtime function reference at line ...
PB 2017-R3: Using the NativePDF feature to save datastore to file I am not getting the image that is placed on the datawindow object. The image is a fairly small png file. I also tried using SaveNativePDFToBlob and then writing the blob to disk, tha...
I know that Powerbuilder can connect to SQL Azure via SQL Sever Native Client . I have a question: is it possible to build a local desktop Powerbuilder application but using SQL Azure(not an IWA deployed to Cloud)? If so, what is the limitation? Wi...
Using PowerBuilder 6.5, I'm trying to open a PBL to see the source code of the modules.  I have no experience with PB, so I need some hand-holding.  I can display entry forms, but I need to find the code that connects to the Oracle back end, and I ne...
Yes, the unfortunate happened, any suggestion for a quick recovery?    Thanks.   Windows 2016 server    ...
Looking to find a way to access our applications help files without having to user a fileserver, download or copy them to a users PC/Laptop.  What I have tried so far.. created custom visual ole and used the Microsoft browser option.  Works fine insi...
Hi Folks, I'm working on a compiler front-end for building our Powerbuilder applications. I've been using the pborca170.dll and the Orca API documentation as my guide. My process is basically: 1. Bootstrap the application using PBORCA_CompileEntry...
  Does anyone know of any issues because of duplicate, but newer, files shared between PB2019 and PB2017? Different files in the shared\powerbuilder directory are: atl80.dlllibeay32.dlllibglog.dlllibjcc.dlllibjtml.dlllibjutils.dlllibsybunic.dllnlw...
Hi Guys, Any ideas If/how I can create a single datawindow report which has the 1st page portrait and the second as landscape. Would this be possible with a composite report with 2 nested reports. Any ideas would be appreciated.   Thanks Michael...
Hi All, We wrote a script to compile our apps with PBC170.exe which is working good except for resources (bmp,png,ico). Each PBL of the apps have their own PBD for resources. We notice that resources contained in the main PBR are the only one inclu...
Hi all, been coding for almost 20 hours straight , and i know my question is basic , but i just don't get the following issue. i have created a dirlist function , based on a listbox in a window which works great. to make it more dynamic , i wanted...
Hey there,   I have a complete DevOp Stack with Visual Studio using: Jenkins – Build Automation build Scripts with cake or nuke VS Extensions, like Resharper, web stuff from Mads Kristensen and more Installer Intellisense Intellicode Live ...
The only error I can find is this: “Log file created at: 2019/06/12 07:38:19 Running on machine: NPR-DELL Log line format: [IWEF]mmdd hh:mm:ss.uuuuuu threadid file:line] msg E0612 07:38:19.416649  6732 FileTool.cpp:351] GetFileLength failed , file...
Hi All - please see attached .mht file for details on this. We have most recent version of Infomaker just installed, opens .psr's fine (these are generated in our invoice processing, not old files), but these cannot be saved as PDF's, which may be a ...
Getting this error when attempting to run PowerBuilder from development environment.  Running PowerBuilder 9.0.3 on Windows 10 ...
I'm trying out UI Themes of PB 2019. How can I turn themes off once I have turn any them on? I have tried: ApplyTheme("") ApplyTheme(null) ApplyTheme("Do Not Use Themes") All to no avail. I found one solution but it feels like a workaround:...

There are no discussions available here currently