Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, With PB 2019 R3 we performed the migration of our application to PB 2021 Build 1509 and performed the distribution for a small group of users. The users are reporting us total shutdown of the application in a window and clicking on the [Sear...
We still have apps using 12.6.  My manager is asking if these are affected by the MS Decom issues?    That's about all I know.   Thanks for any help   Jay...
For our application, previously we were using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 and we will package the DLL's for our application msiNow, we migrated to PowerBuilder 2019 R3 Build 2728 . So I have installed PowerBuilder 2019 R3 Build 2728 runtime DLL msi (PBCLTRT...
I don't use the Windows Registry to install my software... customers just copy the code I send them to the directory I suggest.  They may use a different directory, their choice. In the code, I call GetCurrentDirectory() to find out where the applic...
Hello ,   We are using PB 2021 and Enable 2019 for translations. Today we start getting erorr -18, Enable initalization failed  with code -18. We could not get answer from Enable company, so I am asking here if anyone knows what could be reason f...
Dear all, As part of the enhancements that PB 2021 have to offer, I'm tiring to deploy using pbautobuild210.exe   Since I'm using team foundation (or TFVC, as appear on the dev azure pipeline) I try to use the VSS option on the JSON definition fi...
Please let us know how to resolve the issue. // Profile PRC SQL SQLCA.DBMS = "SNC SQL Native Client(OLE DB)" SQLCA.LogPass = <********> SQLCA.ServerName = "***************" SQLCA.LogId = "prcmsdev" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm =...
CODE FOR w_dly_pool_sum SetPointer(HourGlass!) return retrieve(is_filters_toolbox.l_date, is_UserId, is_NetAddress, is_filters_toolbox.s_mode)   i am running the exe within powerbuilder and i got this error in some of the menus in my application ...
Howdy, I need to find out if PB 2021 supports access to Snowflake and if so, what driver can I use?  And 32 -or-64 bit driver? Thanks!  ...
PowerBuilder 2019R3, b2703Windows 10 64 bit platformDatabase PainterConnected to an ODBC databaseWhen I use the DB Painter to connect to an Oracle database, I can insert rows, delet rows, select rows, tab from column to column on a single row - and i...
Hi All, We have setup a new license server for power builder. Can someone help in suggesting how can I register my new license server on the Appeon website? I already have a license on the server. Thanks, Saurabh    ...
I'm trying to call a simple dll function to measure a piece of text, to see if it will fit in a confined space without being clipped. I have defined an external DLL in C# and have linked it into the PB source using external function.   In my first...
I copied a co-worker's runtimes to my computer but they do not appear in the "System Options" window so that I can select one of them. How can I solve this? Thank you.   ...
Hi, Can someone share the power script code for the below? 1. Fetch the global and local IP of the application used by the user during the runtime of Appeon web applicaiton. 2. Find the number of instances of the application in the Appeon server. ...
Hello, we have updated from PowerBuilder 12.5 to PowerBuilder 2019R3 and have now an issue with automated testing, because the DropDown-Datawindow and Edit field elements do not have the property 'IsEnabled' anymore. In PowerBuilder 12.5 those two e...
Hello Appeon Team, Is there any change in Incremental build process in PB2017R3. I am trying to run the Incremental build by putting some objects into PBL. After build, It is crashing the application. Is it ok to build PBD using Incremental build op...
about license. we are plan to install powerbuilder on a server to automate the build (by using CLI) and deploy. what kind of license to i need to install and use power builder on the build server? Regards,...
Has anyone successfully integrated a PowerBuilder app with the QuickBooks Desktop API, preferably using the QBFC (QuickBooks Foundation Classes)? It's all done through COM, which ought to be relatively easy in PB. The place I'm stuck is in finding o...
I’m getting errors when building a PowerServer 2021 project for a client application – see attached.  Apparently, you can’t have duplicate objects in different libraries.  It looks like PowerServer doesn’t know which one to parse when that is the cas...
Hi all,   I am currently on PB 2021 Build 1506, and am trying to add Microsoft Word Spell and Grammar check into our Application. I am able to get the SpellCheck to work, however most of the time the window popups behind everything and make it ofte...

There are no discussions available here currently