Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Does anyone know how can I save the image contained in the inkPic object keeping the PictureSizeMode(Strech) attribute setted with the SaveInkPicture method?  Yeah, I'm not getting it. It's just saving the image in the original format, ignoring the ...
Greetings all, We're on PB2022, Is there a way to generate a list of inherited objects? Or a list of objects and what has been inherited from them? Thanks, Dennis...
Does anyone here know witch API - or PB object - I can call (and how) in order to sign xmls (enveloped signatures) with the client digital certificate (those stored in a cryptographic media, with Public Key Infrastructure)?I'm running Powerbuilder 20...
Hi! I would like to know if anyone has worked on SQL Server with memory-optimized tables in Powerbuilder. Is this possible? Thanks. Cheers...
Where can I find and download pbdemo2022.db?...
I use the user's internal ip address to determine whether the same person started a new session or whether someone else did on a different machine using the same login.  I need this to help user's clear orphan sessions.   PS 2020 and prior had a ge...
Hi I need help with resolving error -22 when trying to run Orcascr220. I have attached the relevant files and orcascr220 command. I suspect the -22 error code isn't the actual error as this relates to -22 PBORCA_SCCFAILURE Could not connect to sou...
  I found a small bug in PB 2022. As you can see below the row count in PB 2021 appears on the bottom of the database painter but NOT in PB 2022. ...
Currently PB 2019 Build 2170, soon to be PB 2022. We have a DataWindow report with a nested DataWindow report located in the Detail band. I'm wondering if it is possible to have the nested report not retrieve when a column from the main result set ...
Getapplication().getpowerserverurl( )   results in:   https://myappurl.cloudapp.azure.com:5009/myappapi add on the connect/token results in: https://myappurl.cloudapp.azure.com:5009/myappapi/connect/token   when deployed to a container app, thi...
I cannot startup snapdevelop 2022. I get these error messages below. I also have PB 2021 installed, and it starts up there.     ...
It is not working datawindow background color / column background color when we export to excel .  How can i export exact format to excel ?  ...
I'm using PB2021 Build 1509. I wish to view PDF files in a window (does not necessarily need to be a datawindow). Can anyone provide me sample code for me to look at? I have had limited success using an ole object inserting "Adobe Acrobat Browser ...
Good Morning everyone,  I'm having some issues migrating our ERP to a new server (Windows Server 2019 64 bits). We are working with Informix Databases. Everything works ok on windows Server 2008 R2 64 bits. I see no diference (except for the OS, ob...
Hi Everyone, Is it possible to have the SQL in all the applications DataWindows data source "checked" against the database using the database connection during a full build, or some other development process?  If so, how would I do it? I observe t...
I have legacy  PowerBuilder 12.5 on sybase 15 , converting application  to Oracle database, while creating or accessing data window getting error "Column 2 has an invalid name and/or length" how to get around this error. This application is very smal...
Good day, I need help in deployment… Hope you can help me…   I am using the  Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server (MSOLEDBSQL), when I deploy it using powerclient… the databse driver does not installed in the client side… I need to manually inst...
I want to produce an error in my PowerBuilder code that would create a Memory Dump File (.dmp). I tried dividing an int by 0, but I just get this error popup and no .dmp file.  In C++, diving by 0 creates a memory dump file so I am not sure why it do...
Hi all ,    I am running a c/s app on the client pc ( pb 2017r3  win10/11 ) .  The app connecting directly to a MSSql db located on a remote server over the Internet. I am using SNC SQL Native Client(OLE DB) / MSOLEDBSQL in my SQLCA.DBParm . My ...
In order to generate the updates for the web api, i build and deploy the PS project.  This moves all the updates to the server as well as updates the c# code. However, i still need to publish the new/updated web api in snap develop that was generate...

There are no discussions available here currently