Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Trying SMTPClient object with Powerbuilder 2022R2 build 2819  in Windows 10 i create some function to to send email sync and async and work aawesome, but i had a trouble to check  responses to the sending async.. i had some questions Question 1 -...
SQL Anywhere 17 gives this error but I don't see any user or builtin functions. I removed aggregate functions and IsNull() and still get the complaint. What offends? Could not execute statement.Syntax error near 'rowid' -- Materialized view definiti...
I am using Powerbuilder IDE 2022. I'm trying to get it connected to remote git but it is has an error whenever I push or pull. Why isn't the connection to the remote working? Git detail error info: Cannot locate remote-tracking branch 'origin/master...
Hi There The webview2 browser is many times slower displaying web pages than Edge on the same PC going to the same URL. I have tried both sets of runtime files (Fixed and Green) and the result is the same There is a small PB2022 R3 application (in...
Greetings, I utilized SMTPClient and added email functionality.  PB 2022 R2 Everything works fine when testing or debugging, but it doesn’t work using an executable file. All support dll’s are in place, I fully migrate, regenerate, and rebuild the...
Hello,I've just starting to test SQL server 2022 with PowerBuilder 2022 R3.I'm facing a problem with the statments sent by PB to the DB when a retrieval argument is a datetime.With the old version of SQL server (2000) this was the syntax :SELECT c.id...
Our customer just upgraded our application to a version developed with PB 2022 and upgraded their InfoMaker 2019 to InfoMaker 2022. They are getting 'The user password is incorrect' on the login window. Their account admin logged into Appeon.com wit...
For what it's worth, I've asked ChatGPT to write PowerBuilder code for a few relatively simple functions.  The results were good, often giving me better ways to approach a problem.  Amazing stuff this AI....
Hello. 1) Is there a possibility in the CloudPro version of PB not to use the cloud and not to buy a Production Server? That is, convert the existing PowerBuilder Windows application to a Web application, place it on the our IIS server, continue to ...
If I run this code using a datawindow the isolation doesn't seem to be changed in the datawindow calls. Test case 1 long ll_rows, ll_testGTrans.Lock = 'SS'dw_order_carton_info.settransobject( GTrans )ll_rows = dw_order_carton_info.retrieve(21586146...
Calling NetUserGetGroups from PowerBuilder,   Does anyone have a working example of how to call this from PowerBuilder?   Thanks in advance....
Hello, We're exploring using Powerbuilder as a Citrix App. We're noticing frequent Account Already logged in issue. Seems, proper Powerbuilder Exit is not happening when Citrix Connection is lost or reset. Any help or suggestions to avoid this issue...
Hello,I've tested successfully the evaluation version of Topwiz Software's PBSearch with PB21. (v5.8.0.0)After I updgraded to PB22 R3, PBSearch can't find installed versions anymore : the popup is empty. (see screenshot)I found nothing relevant in co...
I'm attempting to use PowerBuilder.RegistedObject.TriggerEvent() method in C# and PowerBuilder 2022. I've tried to do it with the simplest of examples. I don't have any issues registering the assembly, creating the object and calling methods from th...
Hello all,   I would like to bypass the default update for a datawindow when calling PFC_Update.   I understand that sqlpreview essentially intercepts sql including 'inserts' before they are executed against the datawindow. I want to perform my ...
Hello Appeon,  Our PowerBuilder Version is: 22.1.0.2828 Numbers are sorted based on an alphabetical value, instead of numerical value, like one would expect from a natural sort, where multiple digits are treated as one character.  I.e.:  Natural so...
My Powerbuilder 2022 build 3289 started crashing unexpectedly yesterday afternoon (3/19/2024). I am unable to open any datawindows that I had built successfully that morning. The IDE just hangs. I tried clearing the registry setting for HKEY_CURRENT_...
User have the option in Microsoft Outlook to click on the text in the upper right of their outlook "Try the New Outlook".  When they click that it closes older outlook and opens outlook in a newer look and feel.   This breaks the Powerbuilder code b...
Web browser object provided in PowerBuilderI am using it.The page to which you go when you call the web page and then click the buttonI want to get a url, but when implementing it using the existing OLE method, I used the Geturl function.Is there any...
I found a bug in PowerBuilder (specifically filtering a large number of rows in a datawindowchild) that will eat up memory and eventually crash PowerBuilder. How do I report it? I have a sample app that shows how filtering increases memory usage by h...

There are no discussions available here currently