Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, we are migrating a PowerBuilder project from Oracle to Postgres. In Oracle a multiline text in a datawindows is saved correctly (with chr(13), chr(10)). In Postgres (version 12 with odbc driver) the carriage return, line feed is replaced wit...
Hello, (probably someone from Appeon should answer this question) On your website "Installation Guide of SnapDevelop (PB Edition) 2019" you have listed this as requirements:   Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 SDK Microsoft .NET Core SDK 2....
Hi.   One of our customers has a mix of Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga and MS Surface laptops. They run most of their software, ours included, in MS Remote Apps. When scrolling the datawindows in our application with the Surface, nothing happens when it's ...
Hi, We have a powerserver mobile project that use SQLite3 as a local DB. The tables has decimal datatype columns but when we create a new DW with that tables as a datasource the PB recognize that columns as a WVARCHAR and we can't use these columns ...
I had to completely reinstall Appeon Powerserver for mobile on my production server. I have set up all the settings and FTP and all of that is working but when I deploy the application for the first time to the server it creates the folders on the s...
How to implement sorting, filtering and paging to my asp.net mvc controller with snapdevelop, in order to use this kind of RESTFUL syntaxe url: http://www.example.gov/api/v1/magazines.json?year=2011&sort=desc There is plenty of tutorial on how ...
Hello, I'd like someone to point me in the direction of a tutorial on how to make an animated smooth menu come across from the left when I click my hamburger icon top left. I would consider myself still amateur, so I would require a good level of s...
Will the datawindow SaveAS to excel use sheets? Saving to excel without excel installed on PC....
I have approached this issue in the past without success. I am hoping that I can provide A LOT more information and someone can point me in the right direction. I have a client/server application that has been upgraded to PowerBuilder 2017. I am wan...
Hello! guys, i hope that you can to help me. i have a PowerBuilder 2019 application and i'm trying use the SqlCa transaction object outside of the thread principal of the app, these cause inside of the shared object i need to retrieve some data but ...
Hi. In the project I maintain, there is apparently a filed in a data window that is linked with a key to a column in a  different table. I've been struggling to find where this link is defined. The data source is not joining the other table in (as f...
hi there! web api newbie here,i've built a .net datastore model on my web api and created a method to retrieve data and everything working fine.what i wanted to know now is if there is a way to pass the entire sql syntax of the main select of the ds ...
  I am attempting  to move my PB application to Power Server Web. I have completed the process with w simple application easily . However, my more complected 20 year old application is having  an issue. I am seeing a lot of the same message come up:...
Is there a free utility to convert pb 7 objects to ms report builder? Thanks....
Hi Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to have a nested report connected to a different transaction object and if so how to. So the report might be on SQLCA - sales database and the sub / nested report on the SQLCB - personel database  the m...
Hi I want to use a function from the appeon workarounds in my application ( pb web - pb2019 ) - should i copy the workaround files to my application directory and add the pbl to the library list, or should i just add the library to the application w...
Hi there, In my MVC .Net Web API i have this auto-generated GET function in my controller which works fine and return the list of all the elements in my table (SimpleJson.png). [HttpGet][ProducesResponseType(typeof(IEnumerable<Ds_Invit_Sydrtcml&...
Hi, The company I work for develops a program using Powerbuilder & we updated to PB 2019. I use an automated testing app called "TestComplete". I was able to access all of the PB objects within TestComplete by using a keyword "pbdw*" for MSAA. S...
We have the following block of code, which has been working for many years but has recently stopped working. // Instance declarationsn_rpt_callback inv_callbackn_rpt_shared inv_shared ... // Start a separate threadinv_callback = Create n_rpt_callb...
Hello all... I am having issues registering a DLL in my Windows 10 environment. What I've discovered is that the code in the DLL is PB code, but I am not sure from what version. I'm considering just adding all the PBLs to my main app, and changing...

There are no discussions available here currently