Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, We are going to migrate from PowerBuilder 12.5 to PowerBuilder 2022.The (urgent) question I have (and sorry if it's already discussed but couldn't find it), is if PowerBuilder 2022 can expose API's?Calling it, yes... but exposing? If not possib...
Hi all, I'm trying to add a STOP button on the screen for a merge process so the user can stop the loop if the number of certificates on the selected salesorder is high. I added a yield() statement to the loop and a check for the value of the instan...
Using v2022 R3 Build 3356. When I open the Database Painter, the ISQL/Results tabs do not display. Connected to Informix v10.x|12.x|v14.x interface...
Hi All, Currently I'm migrating one of our application from PB12 to Appeon PB2019 R3 version. In our current live version which was build in PB12, I don't see any issues while closing the application But after migrating to PowerBuilder 2019 R3 a par...
Hello, Using PB 2019 R3, PB 2022 R3 build 3356 Generated a report using native pdf and send that to a w.app number.  If the recipient got Android device, then with no issues, he could open that pdf file and read.   If the recipient got iPhone, then...
Hi,   I added below script in DW's sqlpreview event. but getting following error message. Using PB2022 R3 version. "Unsupported(PowerServer) C0237: previewfunctionupdate as the request argument of SQL Preview (Suggestion: Do not use)" If request ...
Hi all, While upgrading a legacy application from PB17R3 to PB2022R3 I run into a reproducible issue with calling an MSSQL stored procedure which has an integer output parameter.The issue is that when the proc's output parameter is null, PB17R3 corr...
Hello Experts, In a datastore, I am inserting a row and placing values for all columns except for the Roll_no column, which is an auto-increment field. I saved the datastore. Now I need to retrieve the value for the column Roll_no. How can I achieve...
Hello Experts, In my application's login screen, the user inputs their login ID and password through text fields. However, PowerBuilder is not validating the case sensitivity of the password. For instance, if the original password is "Abcd1234" and ...
I generally don't like to display my ignorance, but I'm going to bite the bullet and ask a stupid question. Following is sample C# code off of Microsoft's website.  If I wanted to make this call from PowerBuilder 2022 R3 instead of C#: Is it poss...
Hello I am using Infomaker 2019 R3.When I click on Data, then Design Menu and Convert to GraphicsI get this alert,  I am trying to add another table to link my data.  IF I click yes, I can link my data but I believe I have lost other data in doing to...
Not a question...  If you are converting from SQL Anywhere to SQL Server, be aware that Powerbuilder and SQL Server don't communicate dates well. If you have a date parameter you are passing in SQL, embedded or in a datawindow/datastore like so:  ...
Hello Experts How to set the retrieval argument case sensitive for datawindows. Thanks  Deva S...
Okay, hopefully I can explain this correct enough that it makes sense.   TL/DR: Datawindow with multiple rows doesn't always show the DisplayColumn because of the where clause in the DDDW query. We have a datawindow that returns multiple rows. I...
PB 2022 I am writing code to support Copy/Paste of Files to my application.  I use the following to get the information. IF guOS.OpenClipboard(0) THEN   lptr = guOS.GetClipboardData(15)   lsFile = Space( liAllocate )   liFiles = guOS.DragQueryFile(...
Hello,   I have thesse classes that i use to retrieve from the database using snapobjects: [FromTable("customers")] public class Customer { [Key] [SqlColumn("customers", "id")] public int Id { get; set; } [ModelEmbedded(typeof(Contact), ParamVal...
Hi, Currently our application is using PB 2019 R3. Based on appeon suggestions, we tried upgrading powerbuilder to PB 2022 R3 (Build 3289). We are opening the 3rd party URL in the web browser control. While accessing this 3rd party URL from PB 2019 ...
Hi, sending emails to remote servers using PB 22.2.0.3356 SMTPClient class sometimes leads to -12: The remote server denied the Curl login This happens when ‘curl’ is there on the black list or not on the white list respectivly. Curl provides a w...
Hello Gurus -   Sorry about raising this question as Critical. I need an urgent solution to the problem at hand So, I have a screen where there is a DW which retrieves data from a parent table say CUSTOMER_MASTER, and 2 DWs which retrieve data fro...
Hi, I've followed the error message while compiling my project from cmd via PBAutoBuild tool (I've PowerBuilder 2022 R3 , RT: 22.2.0.3289): Process 'pbautobuild220.exe' exited with code -1073741819 How and where can I see the description or other ...

There are no discussions available here currently