Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, While am adding objects to SVN Repository by using "Add objects to Source Control", I received following error message.  Would anyone please advise. SVN client error: 200033. Failed to add files to repository. Adding to source control  -...
On an isolated build server where there is NO pb.ini file, what is the compiler behavior [PB] DashesInIdentifiers=1   Integer my-name-is-i, i i=i-1 Will there be a compiler error? If so which   ...
Anyone know where/how to fix this.  There is no option in AEM that I can see regarding cache. ...
Was wondering if anyone was using some sort of two tier security login for apps.  If so which product did you choose. We are looking at a primary login (user name and password) then some sort of SMS/email/web service to send/noifiy a user of a key...
HI I want to send an email to shoot in every morning 10AM to specific number of users. as of now i am mailing to managers on the click of button,but i want to schedule it in every morning 10 am on the retrieval of date(01/05/2018) and shift(day...
Hi, Im trying the Appeon pb2017 r2 and i've migrated one of my pb12.5 app to this. The migration worked and now im trying to deploy it on the web. Now when im trying to use the powerserver toolkit config wizard, im stucked at Failed to Connect...
Hi,  Can the PowerBuilder 2017 access LDAP Servers? Im planning to create a login module where the login access is controlled over LDAP? The workaround in my mind is let the PB2017 consume a .Net Webservice that accesses the LDAP Servers... If thi...
Hello All. I have a strange display behaviour running the WebApps in Chorme/Mozilla when the application is running in a notebook, the same application running on a Desktop PC with the same Chorme/Mozilla version runs ok. the problem appers onl...
Hi All, Does anyone know if there is a way to override the native activity indicator on Appeon Mobile?  What is the override logic? For Example, we are developing an App that is using a DAO layer to populate screens and DWs with Data.  For each...
Hi  I downloaded a zip file from (http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_messagebox.html  ) , but how to see the code ,i don't know to open it in powerbuilder. Please provide me the steps to open  it.. Ignore my ignorance. Awaiting...
I know that there was a problem with GhostScript versions after 8.71 not having required fonts. I am pretty sure I heard that the issue was fixed. Can anyone verify that? Is there any reason we cannot use only the latest version - 9.23? We are cur...
Hi in powerbuilder I use this code onder the clicked event It will get a number from the currenrow. It works perfect, but after deploying the target to my android tablet it's nog working does the function getitemnumer not work there ? li_I...
What do I need to resolve the following error after migrating from PB10 to PB17? Error: "Unresolvable external pbdom_exception when linking reference" The error occurs on a client's machine, but not developer's machine and I believe it has...
Hello, this setting works in my pb.ini for the PowerBuilder IDE. For a deployed application it does not have any effect. The pb.ini is located in the application's directory, next to the exe and pbd files. Does anyone have experience wit...
I want to develop a website with a web aspect, not a desktop application, and I want to use all the powerbuilder´s power to manage the return and recording of data. What would be the easiest way to develop the front of the web to link it with power...
Is there an option to have an xml and an xlst to convert it to pdf in powerbuilder? ...
Hi.   We have to expand a column in the database from varchar(50) to varchar(100). That column is referenced in a LOT of datawindows.   Is there a way to update all of the datawindows at once so that the datatype is set to char(100) in...
Hi, how can i search for a specific datawindow and window in the workspace.I know we can do it with right click on target is there any other way becuase in that way searching is very tough. I heard about pbsearch i tried installing that but i t...
I am upgrading a PB 12.6 application that uses a SQLAnywhere 12 db that pipes to an Oracle 11g db.  I am getting pipe errors, -4 specifically telling me the table doesn't exist, yet I can re-create the pipe in the IDE and it works without an erro...
Hi, my membership has to be renewed for ISUG in the next couple of days. In the past the only reason to be a member of ISUG was PowerBuilder.  All other products of Sybase or SAP we do not use! So i see at the moment no benefits to renew my ...

There are no discussions available here currently