Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, I use sharedregister and sharedobjectget methods in my application to make it mutithreaded. It works great in pb version 11 and 12 but no longer works in 2017. I extensively use this feature. SharedobjectGet method has been set to obsolete in ...
It would be very helpful if Datawindow computed fields supported the UseEllipsis property - in particular, to warn that a too-large computed value is truncated.  I notice this was asked for back in the old Sybase news group.  Does anyone have a wo...
Hi PowerSphere, I need to access RAW DATA ( cookies ) in my pb nvo web service (running on IIS). Any ideas on how to do this ? Regards Georgios Ps- Chris, I tried to mail you but i keep getting the mail rejected ...
​I want to open the window with opensheet(). And I used the pfc_n_cst_resize.of_SetOrigSize() in base. The window not fill screen when I running the project. How should I improve or pay attention? * Original! change to La...
Hello,   I have problem with national characters accessed by right alt + z in RichTextEdit control (RTE). In PB version 17 this combination always triggers Undo event fo RTE (the same as Ctrl+z). I'm not able to catch Key event for this com...
There is some internal functions that would be a great deal of help if they were added, and some others that would be nice to have docs for. Existing - The rt_dbg_* functions in pbvm*.dll are a powerful debugging tool when /pbdebug is too slow to ...
Hi, Is it still possible to create a COM/OLE object from a nonvisual object in PowertBuilder?  We have an nvo that we used to deploy as an OLE object which other apps could connect to but I cant seem to find where to do this in PB 12.6.  Has this ...
I'm using PowerBuilder 12.6. This problem just started happening today. I've not encountered it before (actually EVER). When I click on my database from the Database Painter then right click on the one to which I want to connect and choose...
Hi Guys, I've got a multithreading process working, but occasionally when processing several tens of thousands of rows, the application freezes.  Any idea what may be causing the freezing?  Also, I've got both the shared and callback NVOs ...
I wonder whether someone from Appeon can clarify whether Appeon staff regularly read posts on this forum and answer them as appropriate, or if the intent of the forum is primarily for peer support from users. I notice that there are a lot of recen...
hi all   I am trying to connect to Ms sql database with ADO.net driver ( the  app is  pb 2017 version , on  windows 10 , 64 bit .) I did put all the needed dll files with the exe file directory ( and  i tried with installing the msi file cre...
Hi Everyone, I'm wondering if the latest version of Powerbuilder supports MTOM/XOP web services? We currently connect to a third party's webservice from Powerbuilder 10.5 but they are changing their implementation from text/xml to MTOM/XOP...
I created an article named "SVN with PowerBuilder - Single User.pdf" that describes the solution to this issue; it is available in the ARTICLES section. Later - Olan ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Summary:  I cannot seem to be able to connect...
Hi PowerSphere, I need to access cookies in my web service (running on IIS). I'm using Chris Pollachs STD WS framework - but I guess if there is a standard way to access this I could cope with that :) Regards Georgios   ...
I'm trying to use the WindowDockState = windowdockstatefloating! property, but it doesn't seem to work.  I understand it is supposed to let the user drag a MDI sheet window outside the MDI frame?  I have tried to change the window property, a...
Hi, what is the best choise emulator for mobile divices to use with Appeon mobile. What emulator do you use? Best Regards Ludwin...
We are using IBM Rational Team Concert for source control and would like some ideas on how to setup in PowerBuilder 2017. ...
Hi guys, One of our customers is asking is to integrate Active Directory for our PB application and in future if possible single sign-on. Any info available for the AD integration ? How to's ? Code ? Same for the single sign-on ? Althoug...
I installed Powerbuilder on my office pc and on my laptop. Usually I work on my office pc. But if I want to work on my laptop, every time I had to logout from Powerbuilder on my office pc. If I forgot to do that, I can't login at the laptop (M...
We just converted our databases to MS SQL 2014.   I've been using Infomaker as a database tool for over 15 years.  When I open a table, the insert, delete, and update buttons are all highlighted and work as I'm used to.   If I do a search fir...

There are no discussions available here currently