Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Is there a way to include our own setup files with the iwarunner to do additional work on the clients machine? Sue   ...
Hi all, Can you please tell me how to add a new value in a dropdown listbox during the runtime ? i am new to powerbuilder so can you also specify which event should be used for this? SCENARIO: We have a datawindown containing a dropdown list...
When you have a modify statement and need multiple Tilde's I.e  "~t" if you have "if" statements for attributes or strings ~".   In one of the Appeon docs it's mentions "Tilde ("~") on the web may not take effect if it is contained in a...
Hi, I'm trying to connect SVN Server Repository to get source code from \branch\test' folder to local directory using PBORCA script. would you please assist?     Thanks! ...
Greeting all. Just installed PB2017R2 build 1769 on clean windows 10 machine  9 windows 10 pro version 1803 ) I am also running same PB2017R2 build on windows 7 pro machine. All good on windows 7, but with windows 10 i notice column border p...
Good day How can I retrieve data from one window to another like data that was filled front person to be retrieve by second person and edit is admin and nurse and create report using grid that can combined three tables to make one table which is r...
Where is the technical document that explains how to do sftp with Powerbuilder 2017 R2 and what need installed?  I'm getting 'Class not Found' so I'm sure it is a registry issue or I don't have all the files. Thanks for your he...
hello All, it is posible to call a EJB Component from PowerServer under .net i am reading the help about the and i found the following: Appeon Bridge is a standard J2EE-compliant Web application that can be deployed to any J2EE compliant appli...
Hello All, I have a Crossatab DW  running in PowerServer  when the width of the dW use only one page it works with no problem when it use more than 1 page of width it dysplay only the information in the first page.   ...
PBv12.1, b7055 Oracle 12C I've inherited PBv9 code that uses a string arr as a retrieval argument in a dw. I migrated the code to PBv12.1, and now the dw fails on the retrieve and returns zero rows.    - When I take the parameters and ent...
How can I pop up a "New Email" window in Microsoft Outlook from PowerBuilder.  I am able to "Send" an email from PowerBuilder via Microsoft Outlook.  I can tell it the email address to send it to, enter the Subject, Text for the body, enter a CC, ...
I have a doubt like this: I have an application created in PB2017R2 that contains reports (datawindows) saved in the database. I export them in psr format, to be able to edit them in the infomaker, but I can not in any way import them into a pbl and...
The company I work for has purchased perpetual PowerBuilder licenses for the 1990's and we do not have any documentation for these licenses due to the 'passage of time'. The parent company is divesting the business unit that uses the P...
I'm having an issue where opening any datawindow in the powerbuilder IDE will turn on ODBC database logging causing application testing to run extremely slowly. Logging is not turned on in the ODBC DSN or in the properties of the connection in th...
HI! How to get and dynamically set the pinned/unpinned state of a docked window (PB17)? What events are triggered on pinning/unpinning? Thank you! ...
Hi, We have a very old power builder application. But we dont have the developer who developed this application. We have only java developers. Can we use powerserver web to convert the PB application to java Web Application? Is the java Web ...
I am attempting to change a Powerbuilder 2017 R2 application that works using OLE to use the SQL Native Client for SQL Server interface (SNC).  The database is SQL Server 2008 R2. The connection parameters are: dbms=snc logid=ertransfer logpas...
I'm using PB 2017 R2.  My intellisense is not working in the script editor.  I've tried changing several different settings/options with no luck.  Does anyone know how to get intellisense to work in the script editor? TIA, Tracy   ...
Hi all , I have   a ws target which one of its functions gets an bytes[] by value .  That array represent a pic file ( jpg , png  ,bmp )   The function needs to convert this array into a pic file back . what i am doing now is : 1. Blob() ...
I have a customer who has both a Standard PowerBuilder license and a Universal license under separate emails. The customer is unable to switch accounts from the standard account to the universal account. PowerBuilder states that the universal account...

There are no discussions available here currently