Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello PB Experts, We have moved from PB12.5 to PB2017 R2. Let me explain you about how we were using PB12.5 for our project. We were using PuskOK to manage the Source Control with PB application where PB used to interact with SVN using PushOK Sour...
I need to know if PowerBuilder 2017R2 have any problems with IPv6, we are migrated at this version of IP and dont' knowed if trouble.  Please help. ...
Hi, When I commit changes to SVN Repository, it created a folder called as "ws_objects" with all sub-folder libraries. why is it? And, still seeing + sign on each object. please suggest.   ...
The "New Features in PB 2017" page in online help includes this subtopic: Classified features While new features are added in PowerBuilder, some of the existing features might no longer be needed or recommended for use. You will find the fo...
Hello, I need to formulate a query with temporary tables and pass it to a DW to replace the original source. I am using the SNC client (Provider='SQLNCLI11') For example SELECT im_item INTO #temp  FROM im WHERE im_type='07'...
We received our first Appeon update and support renewal invoice. Sometimes you feel like software upgrades and support cost more than it is worth, but Appeaon has done an amazing job in taking over the support and development of PowerBuilder. They mo...
I appears that i can access an array argument value using a computed field.  The values are quoted, and there appears to be a space between them? Does anyone know the format?  Also, if i am just running the dw in preview mode, it appears that i...
there are three options for Packaging, A server deployment, Stand alone or Custom. None of them creates installable exe. Then where should I copy the app folder under AEM folders on IIS? ...
Hi, we are using the GetContextService(...) method and GetVersionName() to determine which version our current executable is running. We use this check if there is a new PBRuntime available in our own database (we save the runtime as a blob in our...
Hi Everyone,   Is it possible to deploy your power builder application in mobile using mssql server? Any ideas and suggestion is well appreciated. Thank you so much. ...
Hello to all. I have a problem with PB2017R2 & Git. Let's put the case: - There is a project in the repositories and 10 programmers are working correctly. - At this point I decide to involve another person (11th) in the project. - I ...
Hello Community, I am implementing a webservice call through Appeon PowerServer 2017. The call works fine in PB using web service proxy.  The webmethod of the call takes a structure lstr_rqst as a parameter. 1. When I pass the whole paramet...
Hello Guys,   Need your help in sending and receiving SMS using Powerbuider... Please Help...  Thank you. ...
I am attempting to get xml from a website in my PB 2017 application, and use PBDOM to read it.  Everything works fine on my development box but when I deploy it to the client it doesn't work.  I deleted all of the pbdom files and reimported pbdom...
Good Day! We have been using GetLibraryList() for 15+ years in our client/server application. I see in the documentation that it is no longer supported. I'd imagine that's mainly due to Appeon's other Web product as well as a general s...
Hello Community, We are looking for a way to determine the object-list of a PBL by an external tool. The external tool is a C# application. Is there perhaps an Appeon / Sybase library which one could import in the C# for it? The point of all of...
I have a trial version of PB2017 on my machine. I successfully migrated the some application from the PB12.6 and try to build exe file from command line. But failed with error: Application 'main' not found in library. My command line : ...
Hi there,I used to use Powerbuilder 12.5 classic ,I'm trying to use PB 2017,I have 2 questions   #1 How do I connect to a SQL Server  with ADO.NET within Powerbuilder 2017,cuz 64 bits application is no more support OLE DB connection within ...
Hello PB Experts, In PowerBuilder 12.5 version, we used to use TortoiseSVN to manage the repository. Now in PB2017 we are going with Git repository. The new PB2017 proivedes new PBC Autocompiler feature which is PBC170.Exe to build the EXE. Since ...
Is there a way to filter on the raw datawindow rowid? I don't want the row number because it changes when you sort etc. I know you can get the rowid by using GetRowFromRowId, but i would like to have a simple filter like this: rowid in (1,5,7,9,2...

There are no discussions available here currently