Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I'm wondering if there is a way to use the built in bitmap images on a DataWindow. If not, this would be a great enhancement....
Hey guys, I can't find that handy little cross-reference page of PowerBuilder versions to Oracle database drivers.  Our company is planning upgrades to Oracle v19.  Wanted to make sure I was up to snuff, PB version wise. Thanks,Jim...
Hi Guys I've a table "flusso_ccic" and a datastore in PB2019 R2 on it No column identity, just the key from some columns I converted to a Model on Snap Develop R2 and Retrieve works fine, but If I try to Run a Create from a rest Client the query f...
In testing PB2019 normal users programs hung when sending mail and the task had to be stopped.  This did not happen for admin users.  The mail was sent and the hang occurred on mSes.mailLogoff(). I just commented it out and all works fine. In the pas...
Como poder acercar el mapa para que se vea la calle , cuando realizamos el open , lo e intentado con    PowerBuilder 2019 y powerServer 2019 istr_option_appeon.b_allowmove = trueistr_option_appeon.b_allowzoom = trueistr_option_appeon.b_locatetocur...
PowerBuilder v12.1, build 7055Oracle 12CI'm using the sqlca.of_CurrentDateTime() function to get the date and time from tthe database.What I want is the TIME portion to include hundreths of a second:     String ( sqlca.of_currentdatetime(), "DD-MMM-Y...
Hi, how are youWe have a problem. Grid Report DW.You can see all the decimal points in CS when viewing DATA.However, if you distribute it to Apple server 2016, all the decimal back seats will be cut off.It appears to be 3.3 => 3.0.All decimal numb...
I would dearly love to see the good old MESSAGEBOX function extended to allow user to specify their own values for BUTTON and ICON. This is the standard prototype for MessageBox:                  Message (title, text, icon, button, default) I see t...
we build exe on appeon powerbulder 2017 R3. But when we click on PBRTCFileTransform120 ( Application file) nothing happens...
We have many PowerBuilder 2017 Release 2 applications that will need to be migrated to Release 3, as their attendant Oracle Server databases will be transitioning to 19c (12.2.0.3) in the future. Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 Release 3 is stated to suppor...
Hi all, I have a report for employees with a group on the employees. This results in different numbers of pages. Some have one, others two or three pages. When I print on a duplex printer I don't get a paper feed after each employee. So a report sta...
Hello ,   Doe's anyone have an idea how to save dw to excel with out changing the format ? like : colors , grouped and so on or a 3'rd party tool Thanks...
I'm having an issue with my repository growing in size on Bitbucket. In the past 22 days it has grown from 1.2 GB to 1.5 GB on Bitbucket. I know I haven't made modifications on the order of 25% of the workspace, but that is my growth. My PBLs all com...
Last year I made a change in a Powerbuilder 2017 R3 program.  Specifically these were to change the name of a function call to update_last_login_dt to update_last_login_dt2 in the w_login window.  I pushed the changes to the central GIT repository, b...
Hello all, i am starting to develop a New PB app that must call a Python RestAPIthis is the code i have in Python working and need to translate it to PBI must send and image as a parameter import requests url = "http://10.0.0.10:5005/subir/" payl...
Hello   Does anyone know how I can trigger a MP4 video file thru PB? Just like I would show a PDF or BMP.   Thank You  Tom    ...
Hi Guys, Again me haha, this time is about the mouse events of a picture button control, i'm using a picture button for change the look style, but i have a little problem and i'm seen that with those buttons the effect when the mouse is captured isn...
I have a datawindow that is getting it's information via an embedded select statement to my database. I have confirmed the select statement works against the database directly, and I have confirmed that they work when I use the "Run/Preview" within t...
Hello,  I am trying to build a custom screen inside our software using infoamker. where two menus are related. (This lives on a constituent account (on the same ID)).  MenuA has values and MenuB has values. A user selects a value from MenuA and tha...
Hi I want to access NVARCHAR2 fields in my Oracle DB 12.1.0.2.0 from a Powerbuilder 11.5 Application. DB-Params: NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET = AL16UTF16 NLS_CHARACTERSET = WE8MSWIN1252 No NLS_ Registry entries Powerbuilder: NLS Charse...

There are no discussions available here currently