Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
When setting up on Azure,  since i don't need to use the special azure deployment things, can i simply select dedicated (on a vm)? Or must i setup all of the azure things that i don't need to actually use for running this?  Setting it up a...
Dear Sir, I am trying to consume a webservice using powerbuilder 2017R2. I have the code in C# which consume the same webservice and trying now to do consume it in Powerbuilder. I have created a WCF proxy to access the web service and was able to ...
The following JSON string is unsupported in PB2017 R2: { "empId":191, "fname":"Jeannette", "lname":"bertrand", "manager": { "managerid":703, ...
Hi, a customer which is using PB workstations (originally Windows 7 and now Windows 10) running in a virtual environment. Because of special security requirements their virtual environment is building a complete (internal) network without an inter...
Can we get a copy of the code for the Restful Client example shown in  the webinar?  Would be a great jump start to using the new feature. Thank you, Ron ...
i need nice pb code format/beautiful. Please help with any software or plug-ins. I need to reformat the code. thank you! ...
Hello, I have a report datawindow with computed columns and a button to sort the datawindow based on a computed column. The code for the button looks something like this: dw_rpt.SetSort('') dw_rpt.SetSort("compute_6 desc") dw_rpt...
I try to add a workspace to out SVN repository. At frist try Powerbuilder terminates. At second try i get an error: ... Preparing to add to source control... User information confirmed. SVN client is uploading files. Please wait... SVN clien...
Buenas tardes Para la coneccion nativa de powerbuilder 2017 se requiere instalar algo adicional Estoy tratando de migrar mi aplicacion de cliente servoidor con sql 2014 y no me deja hacer el data source nativo   no se conecta... sin enbargo en ...
Hi  no idea why we need a source control DLL in the deployment but it would be nice that this would be mentioned in the release notes. Gruss Arthur ...
Hi, When I try to launch Power Builder 2017, i am getting the below error message: "You are already logged in"  Please suggest how to get rid of this. ...
I'm trying to evaluate whether or not I should utility the ImageFormat setting that has been added to NativePDF support. If I understand the description of this setting in the DataWindow Reference pub (page 257), this setting specifies the format...
I was unable to use native SVN connection in R2. After successful login and downloading files from SVN repository, PB threw error message "Could not add target because of bad library in ...pbt  I assume this error refers to missing .pbl files. We ...
Hi All, Can someone please give an example on how to set the username and password when calling a webservice?  Can this be done with the new RESTClient object and how? Thanks. Best Regards, Ricardo ...
I have noticed this now for many years and now the same thing is happening in PB17. After programming, running and doing things in PB17 for a bit, all of a sudden the script editors FIND command stops working. Need to close down PB and restart ...
Hi using OrcaScript we can build the PBLs with  start session   ...   scc connect offline      scc set target "..\absenzverwaltung.pbt" importonly     scc refresh target 3pass   ... end session   This fails with R2 as the application s...
Version 5.1.5, uf_save_dw_as_excel returns 1, file saved, but no file there. Desta Support does not answer. Any ideas? ...
Hello, I am having difficulty in opening a telnet session from PowerBuilder 12.6 and 2017. The following code returns -1.    ret = run('telnet '+ipaddress) The 'telnet ' command works on Windows 7's Run window.  Any he...
Any idea when the localized runtimes for MR2 will be available? Would be nice if they are made available when there is a new version. Kind regards, Aart Onkenhout flexkids ...
Ya pude configurar todo y todo se convirtió de maravilla.  Al momento de ejecutar el ambiente web me sale este error "keyword not supported: 'dsn' "  me conecto por odbc en cliente servidor y lo hace perfecto ..  el appeon no trabaja con odbc...

There are no discussions available here currently