Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi I am wondering if there is any documentation or instruction for how to deploy an application to a web server. I have an app that's configured and runs well with Powerbuilder 2019 R2 on localhost. The app now needs to be deployed to my company's...
Hi all   I am trying to consume a wcf ws with httpclient object ( working with pb2017 r3 ) The vendor didn't give me the xml format to build my request but I have the wsdl file. How do I convert my wsdl to an xml one in order to use with Httpclie...
PB2017 R3, SQL Server 2014   I'm miigrating an application from PB9 to PB2017 R3. I'm receiving a Row Changed Between Retrieve and Update error when I try to delete a row through a datawindow. I narrowed the problem down to the attached trigger tha...
Hi: I'm triying to distribute the app through the Google Play and  if I upload the APK generated from the package created in PB I have the message: APK without optimizationWarning: This APK has unused codes and resources that are being sent t...
I have a report window with an empty datawindow control on it used to display reports. A non visual user object determines which report is asked for, retrieves the reports datawindow syntax from the database, creates the datawindow in a work pbl and ...
I have a pb app that connects fine to a servername but when I try to connect to a particular instanc3e by setting the servername to that instance:   servername=myDbServer\myinstance   it failes, am I maybe spoecifying the server instance the wron...
Would the new WebBrowser Control (Chromium based, in PowerBuilder 2019 R2) ever be supported by PowerServer?  ...
Hi, i am getting this error while adding datasource for PowerServer2020. My OS is 64bit and Powerserver is 64 bit installed. Could you please help/suggest a way to overcome this error. Attempt to load Oracle client libraries threw BadImageFormatExc...
Hi: Is PowerBuilder IDE 32 bit or 64  bit and which version of Oracle Client does it need to connect to an Oracle database? In Downloads I can see just one version and I cannot tell whether it is 32 bit or 64 bit. Thanks Leoni...
Please advise is there any way to configure ??? (Git, Tortoise, Powerbuilder...) or this is a Bug?...
HI, Is there somewhere a document that compares Citrix with current Powerbuilder Web? Can someone also please tell me how big my web server (hardware) must be to run let say 200 people.   Regards MLB  ...
hi  i am using powerbuilder 8 version. suddenly my application gets closed in a particular screen in which whenever i click ok button.In ok button it calls the function updaterightstree(root); in that line app gets closed.Its an existing screen only...
Hi. We're working on coverting our app from PB to C# and using the Appeon DWNet extensions for our datawindows.  Our customers have custom dws and we are trying build datastore objects by loading the dw .srd files at run time.  Using this example to...
I converted an app from 32 (PowerBuilder 2017 R2) to 64 bit using PowerBuilder 2019 R2. The SMTP connection works for the 32 bit but not for the 64 bit. I have scanned through here and seen suggestions to use PBNISMTP sample code. I tired compiling t...
Hi, how make a zoom in a webbrowser, I have a picture but when apply the zoom function , not working but return 1 or you know another way   thanks     Hola, como puedo hacer zoom en webbrowser estoy visualizando un jpg pero cuando le doy la fun...
When I run 64 bit exe (Topwiz EmailSMTP) to send email, it fails with an error "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has faile...
ORA-12504: TNS:listener was not given the SERVICE_NAME in CONNECT_DATA What are the steps to do this?...
HI, Why does the row move if I have sort on the header and the values is the same and I keep hitting the sort.     Regards MLB...
Hi Guys, I need some advice from you. 1. of_getDeviceID    According to Appeon Workaround, we can get a unique identifier which depends on the manufacturer, product type, and operating system.. is it possible we can get the same Device id from the...
Hi all, I'm trying to prevent a user from changing the position of a menu toolbar. What I'd really like is to get rid of the handle that allows you to change it in the first place, but that seems to be difficult. So I thought, let me restore the me...

There are no discussions available here currently