1. Yuri Denshchik
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 19 December 2017 00:00 AM UTC

I've noticed that Windows Classic Style option is missing in PB2017. Up to PB12.6 there used to be a flag in System Option -> General to run in XP style. It is gone in PB2017.
This is very inconvenient for us, we still build our app with XP style, Now UI looks different when we run from PB IDE.  

I understand the intention to remove ancient XP style. We'd be happy not to use it but there is a big UI problem related to dropdown look. When dropdown is editable it looks totally different from non-editable dropdowns. We have many windows with mixed editable and non-editable dropdowns. In such cases without XP style Window look ugly with zebra-like dropdowns.

I wonder if Appeon Team could improve style and have more consistent dropdown look.

Or simply put XP style feature back. 

Thank you,

Yuri

Ken Guo @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 6 February 2018 07:55 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Yuri,

Currently, there is no plan to put Windows Classic Style XP option back again because XP is no longer the trend.
I tried to put 2 DDLBs on a window with one set to allowedit and the other to not allowedit. There are obvious visual difference.
If you have any issue, please submit your sample case and detail description to our support ticketing system in the Appeon website at: https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/, so our tech support can properly receive and track it.

Regards,
Ken

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Ganaesu S Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 23 August 2018 14:33 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Yuri,

You can set the Windows Classic Style option in Project.

Thx

G

Comment
  1. Roland Smith
  2. Thursday, 23 August 2018 14:48 PM UTC
Ganesh is correct, you can get XP Style in your executable by checking 'Windows classic style' in the project painter. The option you are talking about only effects the app when running from the IDE.
  1. Helpful
Kim Berghall Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 23 August 2018 15:50 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

I am not sure about the issues raised here, but there is definitely a cosmetic issue with the new dropdown arrows. In order to make it look good you have to make the field much heigher now. Before it looked great with a height of 56, now you have to make it like 68 otherwise the arrow looks really bad. And screen space is precious so nobody wants to make these huge fields just to make it look good. This is one of the few complains we have about PB 2017.

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.