1. Larry Peters
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 7 July 2022 03:08 AM UTC

Building Application Blues:

Being a small organisation with three developers and hence three Appeon licenses we do our building on a separate dedicated PC which does not have an Appeon license and so we use PBC1210.EXE (we are currently using Appeon PowerBuilder 2021 Build 1506) on that PC.

Our build script (for approx 88 PBDs) looks like this:

pbc210.exe /d "F:\PBLINK\PB21\R1234\myapp.pbt" /o "F:\PBLINK\PB21\R1234\myapp.exe" /w n /f /m n /x 64 /bg y /p "My Company" /cp "My Company" /de "My App" /cr "My Company 2018" /v "21.0.0.1506" /fv "1.2.3.4" /ge 2 /le 0 /ps n /pd yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy /rt 21.0.0.1506

Works fine with one exception:

We do not link in our resource files in the EXE. We prefer to link them into a PBD.

In other words, in the project painter, under the Libraries Tab we have all libraries (PBLs) PBD check-boxed with a specified Resource File Name for one of them:

The project, when built using PBC120.EXE does not properly build the PBD with the resource files.

Is there a special setting for this or have we overlooked something in the documentation?

The build script we use is the one automatically generated by the Project Painter at the bottom of the General Tab.

TIA

Accepted Answer
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 7 July 2022 03:16 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hi Larry;

In PB 2021, the PBC compiler was replaced with a new more robust external compiler named the "PBAutoBuild". The PBAB is a much more capable compiler. I would highly recommend using that utility instead.

HTH

Regards ... Chris 

Larry Peters Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Sunday, 10 July 2022 21:11 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Thanks Chris,

I tried it over the weekend and all seems to work as expected.

Great!

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Monday, 11 July 2022 01:01 AM UTC
Hi Larry. That's awesome news ... Thanks for the feedback! :-)
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.