1. himanshi tayal
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 28 June 2024 10:17 AM UTC

Hello 

we are upgrading from PB 2009 to PB 2019 R3 and during one of the flow we are facing performance issue , i found we are using dropdownpicturelistbox (ddplb_1) and multilineedit(mle_text) and after calling this its taking time to load data on windows .

Code we used : in mle_text modified event i have used this code ddplb_1.SelectItem(0)

Has dropdownpicturelistbox is obselete in PB version 2019 or do we have any alternative control in place of dropdownpicturelistbox ?

Pease answer asap as its delayed our project to deliver .

Who is viewing this page
himanshi tayal Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 28 June 2024 17:13 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Yes I mean from PB 9 to PB 2019 R3 version (64 bit).

we are using Operating system : Windows Server 2019,

DBMS server details : Oracle 19.3.0.0.0 64 bit

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Friday, 28 June 2024 18:04 PM UTC
Hi Himanshi;

You are then facing two big problems as PB 9 was ANSI 32 bit based.

First of all, you need to address the Unicode world that PB flipped over to in PB 10.0.

The second thing is trying to move from a 32 bit to a 64 bit app. There can be a lot of work in this area to be 64 bit compliant.

I would for now stick only to 32 bit app for now as the current migration step. Then you need to read these documents "very carefully" ...

https://docs.appeon.com/pb/upgrading_pb_apps/index.html

https://docs.appeon.com/pb2022/migrating_32bit_applications_to_64bit/index.html

Note that the DBMS interfaces have changed as well technology wise as well. So this is a other area to review.

HTH

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
  1. John Fauss
  2. Friday, 28 June 2024 18:42 PM UTC
VERY sound advice, Chris - I hope Himanshi takes it to heart. PB 9 came out 21 years (!!!) ago - and there have been a LOT of changes to PB and to Windows in that interval.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 28 June 2024 17:04 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

There wasn't a version 2009, are you migrating from PB 9? 

Comment
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 28 June 2024 15:44 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Himanshi ;

1. There never was a PB 2009 edition / version.
  2. The DDPLB control is still there: https://docs.appeon.com/pb2022/objects_and_controls/DropDownPictureListBox_control.html
  3. Make sure that you have your PB.ini setting to address this possible excessive O/S overhead ...

[Application]
; 0: Disable both MSAA and Microsoft UI Automation - 1: Enable both - 2: Enable Microsoft UI Automation only - 3: Enable MSAA only
Accessibility=0

Note1: Accessibility is ON by default in PB 2019R3 but OFF by default in PB 2022R3

Note2: In order to better answer your general performance observation, we would need to know: proper old version & build of PB you migrated from, O/S environment details, DBMS server details, DB Client connectivity details, etc.

HTH

Regards .. Chris

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.