1. Pierre Couvreur
  2. PowerServer 2020 or older (Obsolete)
  3. Friday, 1 March 2019 10:36 AM UTC

Hi !

Sorry to have at least one issue per day in this period...

I create a user object called uo_dw inherited from datawindow.

Inside uo_dw, I declare a dwobject instance variable : dwobject    idwo_currentItem

I also create a user event called ue_help().

In uo_dw's itemfocusChanged event, I store the dwo argument in the instance variable idwo_currentItem : idwo_currentItem = dwo

In uo_dw's doubleclicked event, I post the ue_help user event : this.event post ue_help()

In ue_help(), I display the current item's type :

IF isValid(idwo_currentitem) THEN
       messagebox("ancestor ue_help", "type : " + string(idwo_currentitem.type))
   ELSE
       messagebox("","not valid")
   END IF

It works perfectly in PB classic mode, but not in WEB mode where the variable idwo_currentItem is not valid anymore. However, it also works perfectly in WEB mode as soon as I trigger ue_help instead of posting it.

Work around may exists but it could potentially be a big amount of work to adapt a big app.

Double-clic in PB classic mode :

Double-clic in WEB mode :

Attached zip file contains source file for uo_dw and a window that implements it.

Thank you all !

PIerre

Attachments (1)
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 1 March 2019 16:40 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer 2020 or older (Obsolete)
  3. # 1

Hi Pierre;

That is a known limitation of PowerServer.  FYI: From the PS 2017 Help ...

Using instance variables or global variables to store the dwo argument (argument type is dwobject) for a DataWindow event is unsupported.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

PS: Don't feel bad .. I got caught in this restriction years ago in my frameworks. I had to read the documentation a few times before I realized this restriction.

Comment
  1. Pierre Couvreur
  2. Monday, 4 March 2019 08:01 AM UTC
Hi Chris,

Thank you to point me in that limitation ! However the code works perfectly if I trigger the event 'ue_help" instead of posting it, but I guess I should avoid it anyway...

Pierre

1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Monday, 4 March 2019 17:56 PM UTC
Yes, its the POST that is the issue. I changed my frameworks to use the Trigger as the workaround.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.