1. Marc Wietscher
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 3 September 2021 14:46 PM UTC

Hi all,

I wonder if any of you ran into this issue before.

After having checked out and modified any object from SVN (using PBSCC proxy) there is no way to compare the local working copy to the latest revision. "Show Differences" opens WinMerge, but the two files are identical. This behavior is reproducable on several W10 machines with both PB2017R2 and PB2019R3.

All other SVN features (CheckIn, CheckOut, GetLatestVersion, ShowHistory) are working just fine, only ShowDifferences we cannot get to work whatever we try.

I read some other SVN related threads here and on other platforms in which it was stated, that issues like this might be related to the installed versions of the third party tools that are in use. I'd say we tried any possible combination of versions and editions (32 vs 64) but to no success. I also deactivated automatic refreshing in WinMerge.

It seems like after being exported as srx-file (this is what PB should do when you click on ShowDifferences) this file (containing the local working copy) at some point is overwritten by the remote HEAD revision, just before WinMerge opens, So two (by then) identical files are being compared.

Even more confusing is the fact, that it once worked for the same workspace/targets and also for some other workspaces. Then it once stopped work ing for one workspace. I figured out, that it was related to different cases (upper vs lower) between local files/folders and remote files/folders. After fixing this by renaming the local files/folders it was working fine again.

But for some time it does not work anymore and I do not know what might have caused this. As we do not use this feature on a regular basis, I cannot tell when it stopped working, but it is not working for some months or even a year now.

Does anyone have a clue what might be the problem here?

TIA and best regards,

Marc

My setup:

Windows 10 21H1 64bit

PB2017R2 Build 1756 Cloud edition & PB2019R3 Build 2670 Cloud Pro edition

PBSCC Proxy 2.01.80

TortoiseSVN 1.8.9 Build 26117 64bit (I also tried 1.6.16, 1.10.5, 1.14.1 both 32bit and 64bit)

WinMerge 2.16.10 64bit (I also tried 32bit and some older releases)

Matt Balent Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 3 September 2021 16:10 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

I've noticed the same.  I'm using Tortoise SVN as the client on my PC. 

Comment
  1. Stuart Macandrew
  2. Tuesday, 7 September 2021 02:17 AM UTC
Sure. zip file placed at;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/95mid3tt7m8nsau/2.0.80_2012-11-19%20Patch.zip?dl=0

1. Helpful 2
  1. Marc Wietscher
  2. Tuesday, 7 September 2021 07:20 AM UTC
Got it, thanks a lot Stuart! It works like a charm! These files will be stored in our company vault ;-)
  1. Helpful
  1. Matt Balent
  2. Tuesday, 7 September 2021 12:04 PM UTC
Worked for me as well. Thanks!
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.