1. Murat Yurdakul
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Sunday, 15 September 2024 07:40 AM UTC

Hi.

I think there are some problems in version 3391. For example, the code snippet below works without any problems. But sometimes this line gives errors. A code that works continuously with a timer. But sometimes it gives the error below. I bypassed the error with Try-Catch and it works properly again in the following runs.

In another part of the application, the value I assigned to the long variable is set to -2147483648 when the data window is set. This value is the lowest limit of the long variable. Most probably there is a problem with the long variable in version 3391. Somehow the long variable turns into the lowest value and naturally the problem I first mentioned above occurs.

Error : Invalid DataWindow row/column specified at line 134 in function of_portcheck of object n_network.

Datawindow columns

**** Script ****

long i, k

datetime ldt_logdate

datastore dw_port

For i = dw_port.RowCount() to 1 step -1
    ldt_logdate = dw_port.GetItemDateTime(i,"logdate")
    if ldt_logdate < ldt_olddate Then
        dw_port.DeleteRow(i)
    else
        For k = 2 to 4
            ll_ping[k] = dw_port.GetItemNumber(i,"ping"+string(k + 31399))
        Next

Murat Yurdakul Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 17 September 2024 17:27 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

I don't think so. There is no database connection in my application. I use external datawindow. I think the problem is related to the long variable type. As I mentioned above, in another part of the application, the long variable sets the value -2147483648 to the column. Again, external datawindow. While setting the value in the long variable to the datawindow, it sets the value -2147483648. Most likely, the problem here is something similar. The k variable somehow produces -2147483648 and cannot find the column name. 

The application has been working for 2 years. I have never had such a problem. This problem occurred with version 3391.

Comment
  1. Murat Yurdakul
  2. Tuesday, 17 September 2024 21:15 PM UTC
Yes. I'm testing it right now. It will work 24/7 for a few more days. Thanks a lot for your help.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 17 September 2024 21:35 PM UTC
You are most welcome. Please let us know how the test turns out! ;-)
  1. Helpful
  1. David Peace (Powersoft)
  2. Wednesday, 18 September 2024 15:10 PM UTC
The minus number is caused by a number overflow, if longlong is fixing the issue then that would seem to point to that being the problem. Have you tried changing the For loop values for k to be 31401 to 31404? I wonder if the arithmetic function within the String function is messing things up.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 17 September 2024 14:51 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Murat;

Could this be caused by a data base column value that is > a long and thus should be handled as a LongLong data type?

Regards .. Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.