Votes
Undo
  1. Lorna Vargas
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 11 December 2020 17:56 PM UTC

Hi,

I installed the PowerBuilder trial on a 32bit machine and everything is working fine.  Since our goal is to run it in a 64bit machine I went ahead and installed in a 64bit machine.  However, I am not able to connect to the database.  Instead, I am getting a SQL-OM014.  I read a comment from the APPEON community and it seems that I have to create a connection from the ODBC -32bit and ODBC-64 bit. is that correct? if so, can you explain the reason behind it? Your input will be appreciated.

Lorna 

Govinda Lopez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 11 December 2020 18:02 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Lorna,

Yes. This is necessary because your PowerBuilder IDE is 32-bits and uses a 32-bit connection to the database. But your 64-bit compiled application might require the 64-bit client to connect to the database instead. So it is strongly suggested to install both 64-bit and 32-bit database drivers just in case. Even though some 64-bit DB drivers already include and support 32-bit connections, some others don't.

You may find more info here: https://docs.appeon.com/pb2019r2/application_techniques/ch37s01.html

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.
We use cookies which are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites. We also use cookies to analyze our traffic, improve your experience and provide social media features. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.